UFO Sighting: Mysterious Light Emitting Objects Spotted Flying Over Christchurch
May 14, 2013 6:26 PM EST
Sightings of several flying mysterious objects, believed to be Unidentified flying objects (UFO), were reported in Christchurch, New Zealand, on Sunday.
According to UFO Sightings Daily, a couple claimed they saw twelve UFOs moving in a slow pace and lighting up the night sky with an orange glow.
"One witness said that she and her husband noticed mysterious lights in the night skies of Bryndwr at approximately 8'oclock. She detailed that they were leaving their property at around 8'oclock on Aorangi Road when her husband looked for traffic to south direction. He witnessed approximately 12 lights moving at the same speed. At first, her husband thought they were fireworks but changed his mind when they remained bright orange in colour and moving in formation," the daily reported.
The couple stopped their car and stepped out to get a clear view of the objects. They noticed that one of the objects, which were moving slowly in two groups, trailed behind the rest and started moving at a considerable high speed.
The couple, who did not wish to be named, shot a video of the spectacle and noticed that the orange glow around the objects turned into grey circular shapes as they passed overhead.
Another witness from Bishopdale also claimed to have seen the mysterious objects moving in groups. Katie Ferguson took notice when her flatmate saw 12 objects moving in a steady pace over the skies.
"Katie went out to look for the lights and she saw six hovering lights in orange colour and in similar place. She said that the lights were in two groups, three lights in each group. Few seconds later, the two groups distanced themselves and moved at fast rate. They disappeared over the clouds. Katie and her flatmate were left standing in their position for two minutes wondering of what they had just witnessed," reported UFO Sightings Daily.
Regarding its authenticity, a description given below the video said that the mysterious light emitting objects were not UFOs but "wish laterns" which were released during a birthday celebration for a cancer sufferer in Christchurch.
However, another witness Nathan Hanna said he could not figure out what the objects actually are but was sure they were not lanterns. He said one of them seemed to move in an opposite direction at a certain point.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: First Effective Cure to Have Long-Term Remission; 3 Factors to Check on Inactive Virus
- Coming Soon: AntiViral Gel in Condoms to Kill HIV Virus
- Melbourne Man Gives Up Sex For a Year; Donates £50,000 in Charity
- FDA Prioritises Review of ‘Abuse-Deterrent’ Painkiller
- Tree of 40 Fruit: A Tree That Produces 40 Fruits in New York
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More