UFO Sighting: Mysterious Light Emitting Objects Spotted Flying Over Christchurch
May 14, 2013 6:26 PM EST
Sightings of several flying mysterious objects, believed to be Unidentified flying objects (UFO), were reported in Christchurch, New Zealand, on Sunday.
According to UFO Sightings Daily, a couple claimed they saw twelve UFOs moving in a slow pace and lighting up the night sky with an orange glow.
"One witness said that she and her husband noticed mysterious lights in the night skies of Bryndwr at approximately 8'oclock. She detailed that they were leaving their property at around 8'oclock on Aorangi Road when her husband looked for traffic to south direction. He witnessed approximately 12 lights moving at the same speed. At first, her husband thought they were fireworks but changed his mind when they remained bright orange in colour and moving in formation," the daily reported.
The couple stopped their car and stepped out to get a clear view of the objects. They noticed that one of the objects, which were moving slowly in two groups, trailed behind the rest and started moving at a considerable high speed.
The couple, who did not wish to be named, shot a video of the spectacle and noticed that the orange glow around the objects turned into grey circular shapes as they passed overhead.
Another witness from Bishopdale also claimed to have seen the mysterious objects moving in groups. Katie Ferguson took notice when her flatmate saw 12 objects moving in a steady pace over the skies.
"Katie went out to look for the lights and she saw six hovering lights in orange colour and in similar place. She said that the lights were in two groups, three lights in each group. Few seconds later, the two groups distanced themselves and moved at fast rate. They disappeared over the clouds. Katie and her flatmate were left standing in their position for two minutes wondering of what they had just witnessed," reported UFO Sightings Daily.
Regarding its authenticity, a description given below the video said that the mysterious light emitting objects were not UFOs but "wish laterns" which were released during a birthday celebration for a cancer sufferer in Christchurch.
However, another witness Nathan Hanna said he could not figure out what the objects actually are but was sure they were not lanterns. He said one of them seemed to move in an opposite direction at a certain point.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Rising Temperatures Have 'Definite' Links To Global Warming
- NASA's Curiosity Rover Discovers Water On Martian Soil: Mars Not A Dry Planet
- Complex Alien Molecule May Offer Hints At Origin Of Life
- Missing Malaysian Flight MH370: New Search Images Reveal Unknown Seabed Details In The Indian Ocean [Watch Video]
- Cat-Sized Rat: Chinchilla Believed To Be Extinct 400 Years Ago Has Been Rediscovered In Machu Picchu
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate