Big Plans for Xbox 720, Infinity Games to Feature Halo 5, Destiny & Mystery Game from EA?
By Gilda Galang | May 14, 2013 2:01 PM EST
Halo 4 has held quite a following, and ever since the official news of a Halo 5 was announced early this year by franchise head Frank O' Connor, many rumors have been circulating since then.
iDigital Times reports that it didn't stop there, as versions for the next-gen platforms have also been teased to be part of the Halo 5 franchise.
Considering that the May 21 Microsoft date is nearing, speculations have been in overdrive as to whether or not the Halo 5 will be among the launch titles to be revealed on that date.
iDigital Times adds that, given Halo's track record of yearly releases and reveals since it first debuted in 2001, chances are the Halo 5 will be out this year--but the question is when.
Bungie for Xbox 720 gets teaser moon images
The latest teaser images to be delivered by Destiny by Bungie, the game from the same people behind Halo and Call of Duty, showcase the Earth's moon.
Its first set of images show an abandoned Earth--though it feels more like a ruined one, rather than abandoned, if you look at the foliage and ruins in the shots.
According to SlashGear, the overall feel of the images give off apocalyptic atmosphere, as though new creatures that have taken over the world are just bound to come out.
In the latest moon images, you can see the hellmouth, a gaping hole on one side of the moon, which looks more structured than your normal collapsing sink hole, begging the question of who did the digging and what can be found when you explore inside.
Graphics-wise, you can see there's a lot to expect from Destiny, and you may get a first look when it releases alongside the Xbox 720 this holiday season.
You can expect this game to land in the PS3 and PC sometime in 2014, a few months after it releases for the next-gen Xbox 720.
Two studios may have big plans for next-gen Xbox
With its May 21 just a week from today, more news about possible launch titles coming to the Xbox 720 and to be revealed on the said date are cropping up.
Digital Spy reports that a contest has been held on Twitter, tapping followers to discuss the following subjects @EA, @Xbox, @PlayXBLA, and @Turn10, with the prize being an entrance to the briefing at the E3 2013 next month.
The contests closes on May 20, just a day shy of Microsoft's Xbox 720 event. Announcements of the winners as well as details may be given on May 21.
According to The Examiner, EA will be releasing Battlefield 4, a Mass Effect game, Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, and Star Wars titles, so any of those may be a possible addition to the Xbox 720 title lineup as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China