Big Plans for Xbox 720, Infinity Games to Feature Halo 5, Destiny & Mystery Game from EA?
By Gilda Galang | May 14, 2013 2:01 PM EST
Halo 4 has held quite a following, and ever since the official news of a Halo 5 was announced early this year by franchise head Frank O' Connor, many rumors have been circulating since then.
iDigital Times reports that it didn't stop there, as versions for the next-gen platforms have also been teased to be part of the Halo 5 franchise.
Considering that the May 21 Microsoft date is nearing, speculations have been in overdrive as to whether or not the Halo 5 will be among the launch titles to be revealed on that date.
iDigital Times adds that, given Halo's track record of yearly releases and reveals since it first debuted in 2001, chances are the Halo 5 will be out this year--but the question is when.
Bungie for Xbox 720 gets teaser moon images
The latest teaser images to be delivered by Destiny by Bungie, the game from the same people behind Halo and Call of Duty, showcase the Earth's moon.
Its first set of images show an abandoned Earth--though it feels more like a ruined one, rather than abandoned, if you look at the foliage and ruins in the shots.
According to SlashGear, the overall feel of the images give off apocalyptic atmosphere, as though new creatures that have taken over the world are just bound to come out.
In the latest moon images, you can see the hellmouth, a gaping hole on one side of the moon, which looks more structured than your normal collapsing sink hole, begging the question of who did the digging and what can be found when you explore inside.
Graphics-wise, you can see there's a lot to expect from Destiny, and you may get a first look when it releases alongside the Xbox 720 this holiday season.
You can expect this game to land in the PS3 and PC sometime in 2014, a few months after it releases for the next-gen Xbox 720.
Two studios may have big plans for next-gen Xbox
With its May 21 just a week from today, more news about possible launch titles coming to the Xbox 720 and to be revealed on the said date are cropping up.
Digital Spy reports that a contest has been held on Twitter, tapping followers to discuss the following subjects @EA, @Xbox, @PlayXBLA, and @Turn10, with the prize being an entrance to the briefing at the E3 2013 next month.
The contests closes on May 20, just a day shy of Microsoft's Xbox 720 event. Announcements of the winners as well as details may be given on May 21.
According to The Examiner, EA will be releasing Battlefield 4, a Mass Effect game, Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, and Star Wars titles, so any of those may be a possible addition to the Xbox 720 title lineup as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales