Nexus 7 2: Next Generation Nexus 7 Running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Not Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie?
By Ryan Inoyori | May 13, 2013 1:15 PM EST
In few more days the Google I/O event will take place and leaks about Android 4.3 Jelly Bean keeps spilling as it kicks out Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie from the picture while the next generation Nexus 7 2 reveals Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and Snapdragon processor with possible debut in the upcoming event.
No matter how much you wait for Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, the software update is still far from reach. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is the possible consolation Android users will get on the Google I/O if Android 5.0 won't be present. The said new Jelly Bean version has been exposed from server logs including the next generation Nexus 7 2 running 4.3 JB.
Android 4.3 First Then Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie
Google maybe planning for a secret ingredient on the Key Lime Pie and decided to release Android 4.3 as the ultimate Jelly Bean version. Most Android devices available in the market are running at least Ice Cream Sandwich but there some models that are still trapped in the era of 2.3 Gingerbread.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is the sign of full iteration for Android devices which should be running 4.1 OS version at least or if not 4.0 ICS that is usually eligible for upgrade. If Google is planning this, it is possible that Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie is under development and 4.3 Jelly Bean may simply be the cherry on top.
Android 4.3 Features
Leaks are more focused on the existence of Android 4.3 from server logs being tested on Nexus devices. So far, Bluetooth Low Energy and OpenGL ES 3.0 are the two new features rumoured to be included on Android 4.3.
Before, Android users shared sentiments of possible improvements for new performance profiles, social media integration, cross-device SMS syncing, enhanced multi-device support, App preview capabilities and built-in video chat to the next Android OS version.
If Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is the ultimate one and includes these features, what more will we get from Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie?
Next Generation Nexus 7 2
Nexus 7 2 has been reported to run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean according to an analyst of KGI Securities. The next generation Nexus kept the 7.0 inches of screen display with 16:10 aspect ratio from the previous generation, 1920 x 1200 display resolution with LTPS technology and comparable to the Retina Display of iPads. The device is both co-created by Google and ASUS and designed to compete directly with Apple iPad Mini.
Other technical specifications include Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset, Snapdragon S4 Pro by Qualcomm, 4000 mAh battery and integration for wireless charging support.
No price yet has been confirmed for the Nexus 7 2 and Google might set a similar price tag of the previous generation which is $199 for the 16GB Wi-Fi only model.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks