Nexus 7 2: Next Generation Nexus 7 Running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Not Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie?
By Ryan Inoyori | May 13, 2013 1:15 PM EST
In few more days the Google I/O event will take place and leaks about Android 4.3 Jelly Bean keeps spilling as it kicks out Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie from the picture while the next generation Nexus 7 2 reveals Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and Snapdragon processor with possible debut in the upcoming event.
No matter how much you wait for Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, the software update is still far from reach. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is the possible consolation Android users will get on the Google I/O if Android 5.0 won't be present. The said new Jelly Bean version has been exposed from server logs including the next generation Nexus 7 2 running 4.3 JB.
Android 4.3 First Then Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie
Google maybe planning for a secret ingredient on the Key Lime Pie and decided to release Android 4.3 as the ultimate Jelly Bean version. Most Android devices available in the market are running at least Ice Cream Sandwich but there some models that are still trapped in the era of 2.3 Gingerbread.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is the sign of full iteration for Android devices which should be running 4.1 OS version at least or if not 4.0 ICS that is usually eligible for upgrade. If Google is planning this, it is possible that Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie is under development and 4.3 Jelly Bean may simply be the cherry on top.
Android 4.3 Features
Leaks are more focused on the existence of Android 4.3 from server logs being tested on Nexus devices. So far, Bluetooth Low Energy and OpenGL ES 3.0 are the two new features rumoured to be included on Android 4.3.
Before, Android users shared sentiments of possible improvements for new performance profiles, social media integration, cross-device SMS syncing, enhanced multi-device support, App preview capabilities and built-in video chat to the next Android OS version.
If Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is the ultimate one and includes these features, what more will we get from Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie?
Next Generation Nexus 7 2
Nexus 7 2 has been reported to run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean according to an analyst of KGI Securities. The next generation Nexus kept the 7.0 inches of screen display with 16:10 aspect ratio from the previous generation, 1920 x 1200 display resolution with LTPS technology and comparable to the Retina Display of iPads. The device is both co-created by Google and ASUS and designed to compete directly with Apple iPad Mini.
Other technical specifications include Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset, Snapdragon S4 Pro by Qualcomm, 4000 mAh battery and integration for wireless charging support.
No price yet has been confirmed for the Nexus 7 2 and Google might set a similar price tag of the previous generation which is $199 for the 16GB Wi-Fi only model.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More