Xperia S, P, Go Will Not Get Android 4.2 Update? Android 4.1 Ended Life Cycle
By Ryan Inoyori | May 13, 2013 10:30 AM EST
Sony announced Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Xperia S, Xperia P and Xperia Go rolling out to owners of the three handsets. The update includes several bug fixes and system improvements plus new features from the Android Jelly Bean version. Unfortunately, Xperia S, P, and Go will not go on to Android 4.2 which means their life cycle has finally ended.
Rumours have emerged that Xperia S, SL, Acro S, Ion, Go and P will have Android 4.1.2 as the last update. According to Esato.com, Sony did not plan any more updates for the said Xperia phones of having Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
Sony hasn't confirmed any of these rumours spreading online. Right now, Sony is busy dealing with update releases to several Xperia phones and the company has reached the final stages of development for more Xperia units.
If your device is eligible for the Jelly Bean update, here are the following Sony features added to that update:
- Newer and even more intuitive versions of Sony Media apps - WALKMAN, Album and Movies.
- Battery STAMINA Mode for longer lasting battery.
- Organize and search for your apps in a new quicker way.
- Personalise your phone even more with up to 7 home screen panes.
- Google Now to bring right information at the right time even before you know you need it.
- Project Butter for more responsive and smoother user interface.
For you to get the updates, you can use the Over-the-Air method by simply going to your device's "Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates." Follow the instructions to download and install the upgrade on your device. Make sure to have a stable Wi-Fi connection and the device is plugged to the AC power during the upgrade.
Alternatively, you can use the Sony PC Companion or visit Sony Mobile Software Update for online instructions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4