Xperia S, P, Go Will Not Get Android 4.2 Update? Android 4.1 Ended Life Cycle
By Ryan Inoyori | May 13, 2013 10:30 AM EST
Sony announced Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Xperia S, Xperia P and Xperia Go rolling out to owners of the three handsets. The update includes several bug fixes and system improvements plus new features from the Android Jelly Bean version. Unfortunately, Xperia S, P, and Go will not go on to Android 4.2 which means their life cycle has finally ended.
Rumours have emerged that Xperia S, SL, Acro S, Ion, Go and P will have Android 4.1.2 as the last update. According to Esato.com, Sony did not plan any more updates for the said Xperia phones of having Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
Sony hasn't confirmed any of these rumours spreading online. Right now, Sony is busy dealing with update releases to several Xperia phones and the company has reached the final stages of development for more Xperia units.
If your device is eligible for the Jelly Bean update, here are the following Sony features added to that update:
- Newer and even more intuitive versions of Sony Media apps - WALKMAN, Album and Movies.
- Battery STAMINA Mode for longer lasting battery.
- Organize and search for your apps in a new quicker way.
- Personalise your phone even more with up to 7 home screen panes.
- Google Now to bring right information at the right time even before you know you need it.
- Project Butter for more responsive and smoother user interface.
For you to get the updates, you can use the Over-the-Air method by simply going to your device's "Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates." Follow the instructions to download and install the upgrade on your device. Make sure to have a stable Wi-Fi connection and the device is plugged to the AC power during the upgrade.
Alternatively, you can use the Sony PC Companion or visit Sony Mobile Software Update for online instructions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS