Twilight Star Kellan Lutz Splits from Australian Girlfriend Sharni Vinson
By Simi John | May 11, 2013 10:08 PM EST
Twilight actor Kellan Lutz has reportedly split from Australian actress Sharni Vinson.
According to US Weekly, the 28-year-old actor broke up with Vinson earlier this month, after 18 months of dating. The two were first romantically linked back in September 2011, after meeting at a chemistry reading for the film Step Up 3D. Although Lutz failed to win a role in the movie, the 29-year-old Vinson appeared as a street dancer called Natalie.
Lutz, who achieved heartthrob status following his role as Emmett Cullen in the Twilight series of films, has previously talked about his relationship with Vinson.
"I'm very happily with someone," Lutz said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, "She's a happy person, which really just clicks with me. It's just great to have someone you can smile with all the time. It's really special."
Lutz previously dated 90210 actress AnnaLynee McCord for two years, while Vinson was linked with CSI: NY actor AJ Buckley.
Meanwhile, Lutz has a number of potential projects lined up, since the end of the Twilight franchise. One of those is Hercules 3D, where he plays the title character. He recently spoke about the difference between his film and the Hercules movie that former wrestler Dwayne Johnson is a part of.
"I love The Rock. I grew up watching wrestling. He's such a great actor. I wish them the best," he said, "They have a great cast but the story is completely different. He's much older and our Hercules is the man's journey from him being a boy to a man, and it's very real and human.
"Our character goes through being lovestruck and then heartbroken and then anguish and loneliness, sadness and remorse. It's really a story about a man, a man and the journey to get back to his love. So it's not a man with super powers. A man not understanding the strengths that he does have and he's in denial because he doesn't believe in gods at first and doesn't believe that he's the son of Zeus and just really feels rejected by who he thinks is his father. It's just really going through the story of what a normal boy would go through and the situation that he's forced into," he said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L