Twilight Star Kellan Lutz Splits from Australian Girlfriend Sharni Vinson
By Simi John | May 11, 2013 10:08 PM EST
Twilight actor Kellan Lutz has reportedly split from Australian actress Sharni Vinson.
According to US Weekly, the 28-year-old actor broke up with Vinson earlier this month, after 18 months of dating. The two were first romantically linked back in September 2011, after meeting at a chemistry reading for the film Step Up 3D. Although Lutz failed to win a role in the movie, the 29-year-old Vinson appeared as a street dancer called Natalie.
Lutz, who achieved heartthrob status following his role as Emmett Cullen in the Twilight series of films, has previously talked about his relationship with Vinson.
"I'm very happily with someone," Lutz said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, "She's a happy person, which really just clicks with me. It's just great to have someone you can smile with all the time. It's really special."
Lutz previously dated 90210 actress AnnaLynee McCord for two years, while Vinson was linked with CSI: NY actor AJ Buckley.
Meanwhile, Lutz has a number of potential projects lined up, since the end of the Twilight franchise. One of those is Hercules 3D, where he plays the title character. He recently spoke about the difference between his film and the Hercules movie that former wrestler Dwayne Johnson is a part of.
"I love The Rock. I grew up watching wrestling. He's such a great actor. I wish them the best," he said, "They have a great cast but the story is completely different. He's much older and our Hercules is the man's journey from him being a boy to a man, and it's very real and human.
"Our character goes through being lovestruck and then heartbroken and then anguish and loneliness, sadness and remorse. It's really a story about a man, a man and the journey to get back to his love. So it's not a man with super powers. A man not understanding the strengths that he does have and he's in denial because he doesn't believe in gods at first and doesn't believe that he's the son of Zeus and just really feels rejected by who he thinks is his father. It's just really going through the story of what a normal boy would go through and the situation that he's forced into," he said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying