Twilight Star Kellan Lutz Splits from Australian Girlfriend Sharni Vinson
By Simi John | May 11, 2013 10:08 PM EST
Twilight actor Kellan Lutz has reportedly split from Australian actress Sharni Vinson.
According to US Weekly, the 28-year-old actor broke up with Vinson earlier this month, after 18 months of dating. The two were first romantically linked back in September 2011, after meeting at a chemistry reading for the film Step Up 3D. Although Lutz failed to win a role in the movie, the 29-year-old Vinson appeared as a street dancer called Natalie.
Lutz, who achieved heartthrob status following his role as Emmett Cullen in the Twilight series of films, has previously talked about his relationship with Vinson.
"I'm very happily with someone," Lutz said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, "She's a happy person, which really just clicks with me. It's just great to have someone you can smile with all the time. It's really special."
Lutz previously dated 90210 actress AnnaLynee McCord for two years, while Vinson was linked with CSI: NY actor AJ Buckley.
Meanwhile, Lutz has a number of potential projects lined up, since the end of the Twilight franchise. One of those is Hercules 3D, where he plays the title character. He recently spoke about the difference between his film and the Hercules movie that former wrestler Dwayne Johnson is a part of.
"I love The Rock. I grew up watching wrestling. He's such a great actor. I wish them the best," he said, "They have a great cast but the story is completely different. He's much older and our Hercules is the man's journey from him being a boy to a man, and it's very real and human.
"Our character goes through being lovestruck and then heartbroken and then anguish and loneliness, sadness and remorse. It's really a story about a man, a man and the journey to get back to his love. So it's not a man with super powers. A man not understanding the strengths that he does have and he's in denial because he doesn't believe in gods at first and doesn't believe that he's the son of Zeus and just really feels rejected by who he thinks is his father. It's just really going through the story of what a normal boy would go through and the situation that he's forced into," he said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia