Twilight Star Kellan Lutz Splits from Australian Girlfriend Sharni Vinson
By Simi John | May 11, 2013 10:08 PM EST
Twilight actor Kellan Lutz has reportedly split from Australian actress Sharni Vinson.
According to US Weekly, the 28-year-old actor broke up with Vinson earlier this month, after 18 months of dating. The two were first romantically linked back in September 2011, after meeting at a chemistry reading for the film Step Up 3D. Although Lutz failed to win a role in the movie, the 29-year-old Vinson appeared as a street dancer called Natalie.
Lutz, who achieved heartthrob status following his role as Emmett Cullen in the Twilight series of films, has previously talked about his relationship with Vinson.
"I'm very happily with someone," Lutz said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, "She's a happy person, which really just clicks with me. It's just great to have someone you can smile with all the time. It's really special."
Lutz previously dated 90210 actress AnnaLynee McCord for two years, while Vinson was linked with CSI: NY actor AJ Buckley.
Meanwhile, Lutz has a number of potential projects lined up, since the end of the Twilight franchise. One of those is Hercules 3D, where he plays the title character. He recently spoke about the difference between his film and the Hercules movie that former wrestler Dwayne Johnson is a part of.
"I love The Rock. I grew up watching wrestling. He's such a great actor. I wish them the best," he said, "They have a great cast but the story is completely different. He's much older and our Hercules is the man's journey from him being a boy to a man, and it's very real and human.
"Our character goes through being lovestruck and then heartbroken and then anguish and loneliness, sadness and remorse. It's really a story about a man, a man and the journey to get back to his love. So it's not a man with super powers. A man not understanding the strengths that he does have and he's in denial because he doesn't believe in gods at first and doesn't believe that he's the son of Zeus and just really feels rejected by who he thinks is his father. It's just really going through the story of what a normal boy would go through and the situation that he's forced into," he said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6