Twilight Star Kellan Lutz Splits from Australian Girlfriend Sharni Vinson
By Simi John | May 11, 2013 10:08 PM EST
Twilight actor Kellan Lutz has reportedly split from Australian actress Sharni Vinson.
According to US Weekly, the 28-year-old actor broke up with Vinson earlier this month, after 18 months of dating. The two were first romantically linked back in September 2011, after meeting at a chemistry reading for the film Step Up 3D. Although Lutz failed to win a role in the movie, the 29-year-old Vinson appeared as a street dancer called Natalie.
Lutz, who achieved heartthrob status following his role as Emmett Cullen in the Twilight series of films, has previously talked about his relationship with Vinson.
"I'm very happily with someone," Lutz said on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, "She's a happy person, which really just clicks with me. It's just great to have someone you can smile with all the time. It's really special."
Lutz previously dated 90210 actress AnnaLynee McCord for two years, while Vinson was linked with CSI: NY actor AJ Buckley.
Meanwhile, Lutz has a number of potential projects lined up, since the end of the Twilight franchise. One of those is Hercules 3D, where he plays the title character. He recently spoke about the difference between his film and the Hercules movie that former wrestler Dwayne Johnson is a part of.
"I love The Rock. I grew up watching wrestling. He's such a great actor. I wish them the best," he said, "They have a great cast but the story is completely different. He's much older and our Hercules is the man's journey from him being a boy to a man, and it's very real and human.
"Our character goes through being lovestruck and then heartbroken and then anguish and loneliness, sadness and remorse. It's really a story about a man, a man and the journey to get back to his love. So it's not a man with super powers. A man not understanding the strengths that he does have and he's in denial because he doesn't believe in gods at first and doesn't believe that he's the son of Zeus and just really feels rejected by who he thinks is his father. It's just really going through the story of what a normal boy would go through and the situation that he's forced into," he said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles