Aaradhya Bachchan to Accompany Mum Aishwarya Rai on Cannes Red Carpet?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 11, 2013 6:14 PM EST
If the latest rumours are to be believed, the most celebrated child of Bollywood industry, Aaradhya Bachchan, will be seen walking the red carpets at the 66th Cannes Film Festival along with mum Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Although no confirmation has been made, reports are doing the rounds that Aishwarya, who takes Aaradhya along wherever she goes, might take her 17-month-old daughter to the film festival too.
In 2012, Beti-B had accompanied Aishwarya to Cannes for the prestigious French film festival when she was only 5 months old. She did not attend the event but accompanied her mother who walked the red carpet. It was there the shutterbugs managed to get a glimpse of Aaradhya despite her protective mother's efforts to restrain them from taking photos.
According to various reports, the entire Bachchan family except Abhishek, who is busy shooting for "Dhoom 3", is expected to walk the red carpet as Amitabh Bachchan's Hollywood debut "The Great Gatsby" has been selected for the opening ceremony of the film festival. The Bollywood megastar had refused to accept any remuneration for his cameo role in Baz Luhrmann's directorial movie.
Revealing that he did not accept any payment for the role in "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh wrote in his blog, "Baz Luhrmann, during his private visit to India last year, had dropped by my office to meet me and presented me with some paintings of a prominent painter that was accompanying him. He called last month and wondered if I would do this small role in his film and I agreed. It is a gesture. I have refused any remuneration on this too."
In "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh Bachchan plays the role of a shady businessman Meyer Wolfsheim, who helps Jay Gatsby accumulate his mysterious fortune.
Earlier, it was said that Aishwarya will be seen walking the red carpet with Amitabh. However, considering the recent rumours, Aaradhya might also be seen walking down the red carpet with mum and grandfather.
It is said that fashion designers are already debating over what Aaradhya, whose fashion statement has already grabbed attention, should be wearing if at all she walks the red carpet at Cannes. Rumour has it that designer Rocky S suggested that Aaradhya should wear what Aishwarya dons at the red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary