Aaradhya Bachchan to Accompany Mum Aishwarya Rai on Cannes Red Carpet?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 11, 2013 6:14 PM EST
If the latest rumours are to be believed, the most celebrated child of Bollywood industry, Aaradhya Bachchan, will be seen walking the red carpets at the 66th Cannes Film Festival along with mum Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Although no confirmation has been made, reports are doing the rounds that Aishwarya, who takes Aaradhya along wherever she goes, might take her 17-month-old daughter to the film festival too.
In 2012, Beti-B had accompanied Aishwarya to Cannes for the prestigious French film festival when she was only 5 months old. She did not attend the event but accompanied her mother who walked the red carpet. It was there the shutterbugs managed to get a glimpse of Aaradhya despite her protective mother's efforts to restrain them from taking photos.
According to various reports, the entire Bachchan family except Abhishek, who is busy shooting for "Dhoom 3", is expected to walk the red carpet as Amitabh Bachchan's Hollywood debut "The Great Gatsby" has been selected for the opening ceremony of the film festival. The Bollywood megastar had refused to accept any remuneration for his cameo role in Baz Luhrmann's directorial movie.
Revealing that he did not accept any payment for the role in "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh wrote in his blog, "Baz Luhrmann, during his private visit to India last year, had dropped by my office to meet me and presented me with some paintings of a prominent painter that was accompanying him. He called last month and wondered if I would do this small role in his film and I agreed. It is a gesture. I have refused any remuneration on this too."
In "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh Bachchan plays the role of a shady businessman Meyer Wolfsheim, who helps Jay Gatsby accumulate his mysterious fortune.
Earlier, it was said that Aishwarya will be seen walking the red carpet with Amitabh. However, considering the recent rumours, Aaradhya might also be seen walking down the red carpet with mum and grandfather.
It is said that fashion designers are already debating over what Aaradhya, whose fashion statement has already grabbed attention, should be wearing if at all she walks the red carpet at Cannes. Rumour has it that designer Rocky S suggested that Aaradhya should wear what Aishwarya dons at the red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border