Aaradhya Bachchan to Accompany Mum Aishwarya Rai on Cannes Red Carpet?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 11, 2013 6:14 PM EST
If the latest rumours are to be believed, the most celebrated child of Bollywood industry, Aaradhya Bachchan, will be seen walking the red carpets at the 66th Cannes Film Festival along with mum Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Although no confirmation has been made, reports are doing the rounds that Aishwarya, who takes Aaradhya along wherever she goes, might take her 17-month-old daughter to the film festival too.
In 2012, Beti-B had accompanied Aishwarya to Cannes for the prestigious French film festival when she was only 5 months old. She did not attend the event but accompanied her mother who walked the red carpet. It was there the shutterbugs managed to get a glimpse of Aaradhya despite her protective mother's efforts to restrain them from taking photos.
According to various reports, the entire Bachchan family except Abhishek, who is busy shooting for "Dhoom 3", is expected to walk the red carpet as Amitabh Bachchan's Hollywood debut "The Great Gatsby" has been selected for the opening ceremony of the film festival. The Bollywood megastar had refused to accept any remuneration for his cameo role in Baz Luhrmann's directorial movie.
Revealing that he did not accept any payment for the role in "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh wrote in his blog, "Baz Luhrmann, during his private visit to India last year, had dropped by my office to meet me and presented me with some paintings of a prominent painter that was accompanying him. He called last month and wondered if I would do this small role in his film and I agreed. It is a gesture. I have refused any remuneration on this too."
In "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh Bachchan plays the role of a shady businessman Meyer Wolfsheim, who helps Jay Gatsby accumulate his mysterious fortune.
Earlier, it was said that Aishwarya will be seen walking the red carpet with Amitabh. However, considering the recent rumours, Aaradhya might also be seen walking down the red carpet with mum and grandfather.
It is said that fashion designers are already debating over what Aaradhya, whose fashion statement has already grabbed attention, should be wearing if at all she walks the red carpet at Cannes. Rumour has it that designer Rocky S suggested that Aaradhya should wear what Aishwarya dons at the red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown