Aaradhya Bachchan to Accompany Mum Aishwarya Rai on Cannes Red Carpet?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 11, 2013 6:14 PM EST
If the latest rumours are to be believed, the most celebrated child of Bollywood industry, Aaradhya Bachchan, will be seen walking the red carpets at the 66th Cannes Film Festival along with mum Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Although no confirmation has been made, reports are doing the rounds that Aishwarya, who takes Aaradhya along wherever she goes, might take her 17-month-old daughter to the film festival too.
In 2012, Beti-B had accompanied Aishwarya to Cannes for the prestigious French film festival when she was only 5 months old. She did not attend the event but accompanied her mother who walked the red carpet. It was there the shutterbugs managed to get a glimpse of Aaradhya despite her protective mother's efforts to restrain them from taking photos.
According to various reports, the entire Bachchan family except Abhishek, who is busy shooting for "Dhoom 3", is expected to walk the red carpet as Amitabh Bachchan's Hollywood debut "The Great Gatsby" has been selected for the opening ceremony of the film festival. The Bollywood megastar had refused to accept any remuneration for his cameo role in Baz Luhrmann's directorial movie.
Revealing that he did not accept any payment for the role in "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh wrote in his blog, "Baz Luhrmann, during his private visit to India last year, had dropped by my office to meet me and presented me with some paintings of a prominent painter that was accompanying him. He called last month and wondered if I would do this small role in his film and I agreed. It is a gesture. I have refused any remuneration on this too."
In "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh Bachchan plays the role of a shady businessman Meyer Wolfsheim, who helps Jay Gatsby accumulate his mysterious fortune.
Earlier, it was said that Aishwarya will be seen walking the red carpet with Amitabh. However, considering the recent rumours, Aaradhya might also be seen walking down the red carpet with mum and grandfather.
It is said that fashion designers are already debating over what Aaradhya, whose fashion statement has already grabbed attention, should be wearing if at all she walks the red carpet at Cannes. Rumour has it that designer Rocky S suggested that Aaradhya should wear what Aishwarya dons at the red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar