Aaradhya Bachchan to Accompany Mum Aishwarya Rai on Cannes Red Carpet?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 11, 2013 6:14 PM EST
If the latest rumours are to be believed, the most celebrated child of Bollywood industry, Aaradhya Bachchan, will be seen walking the red carpets at the 66th Cannes Film Festival along with mum Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Although no confirmation has been made, reports are doing the rounds that Aishwarya, who takes Aaradhya along wherever she goes, might take her 17-month-old daughter to the film festival too.
In 2012, Beti-B had accompanied Aishwarya to Cannes for the prestigious French film festival when she was only 5 months old. She did not attend the event but accompanied her mother who walked the red carpet. It was there the shutterbugs managed to get a glimpse of Aaradhya despite her protective mother's efforts to restrain them from taking photos.
According to various reports, the entire Bachchan family except Abhishek, who is busy shooting for "Dhoom 3", is expected to walk the red carpet as Amitabh Bachchan's Hollywood debut "The Great Gatsby" has been selected for the opening ceremony of the film festival. The Bollywood megastar had refused to accept any remuneration for his cameo role in Baz Luhrmann's directorial movie.
Revealing that he did not accept any payment for the role in "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh wrote in his blog, "Baz Luhrmann, during his private visit to India last year, had dropped by my office to meet me and presented me with some paintings of a prominent painter that was accompanying him. He called last month and wondered if I would do this small role in his film and I agreed. It is a gesture. I have refused any remuneration on this too."
In "The Great Gatsby", Amitabh Bachchan plays the role of a shady businessman Meyer Wolfsheim, who helps Jay Gatsby accumulate his mysterious fortune.
Earlier, it was said that Aishwarya will be seen walking the red carpet with Amitabh. However, considering the recent rumours, Aaradhya might also be seen walking down the red carpet with mum and grandfather.
It is said that fashion designers are already debating over what Aaradhya, whose fashion statement has already grabbed attention, should be wearing if at all she walks the red carpet at Cannes. Rumour has it that designer Rocky S suggested that Aaradhya should wear what Aishwarya dons at the red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]