Nokia Lumia 900 Update: How to Do it with Official Windows 7.8 OS [Video]
By Ryan Inoyori | May 10, 2013 1:53 PM EST
Nokia announced the new software update is now rolling out to owners of Lumia 900. The company finally released the Windows 7.8 OS for handset owners which now boast several system improvements and features.
Windows 7.8 OS is now being pushed to the Zune software for Windows computer and Windows Phone app for Mac. The update has a software build number 2175.2307.8862.13100 and includes the following new features for Nokia Lumia 900.
- New start screen experience with resizable tiles: to change the size, tap and hold the live tile
- Theme colours added
- Lock screen improvements: Bing photo of the day as wallpaper and accidental input protection for the security code
- Operating System version: 7.10.8862.144
- Fix for functionality issues with Live Tiles, such as Live Tile not updating
- After the update, check out Nokia Collection in Marketplace for new or update Nokia apps
How to Update Your Nokia Lumia 900 to Windows 7.8 OS
Software updates from Nokia and Microsoft are free of charge and safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos and text messages will remain safe and sound.
Your phone notifies you when an update is available for you.
- Make sure your phone has enough battery power.
- Check the phone is set to the correct date and time. Wrong date and time won't let your phone access any updates.
- The phone must have enough space on your phone. Remove unnecessary apps or files to free storage space.
- Your computer or Mac will need enough space for the software download, make sure that your hard disk has enough storage space.
- Create a backup of your existing phone software, settings and media files using the Zune software or Windows Phone app for safety purposes.
Checking Update Availability
1. Go to "Settings > Phone Update."
2. Switch "Notify me when new updates are found" on.
3. For mobile data connection used on software updates, switch "use my mobile data connection to check for update" on.
4. Alternatively, you check software updates from Zune or Windows phone app when your device connects to the computer, or by checking on your region.
2. Connect your Nokia Lumia 900 to your computer or Mac using a compatible USB cable.
3. Launch the Zune software or Windows Phone app and follow the instructions displayed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display