Nokia Lumia 900 Update: How to Do it with Official Windows 7.8 OS [Video]
By Ryan Inoyori | May 10, 2013 1:53 PM EST
Nokia announced the new software update is now rolling out to owners of Lumia 900. The company finally released the Windows 7.8 OS for handset owners which now boast several system improvements and features.
Windows 7.8 OS is now being pushed to the Zune software for Windows computer and Windows Phone app for Mac. The update has a software build number 2175.2307.8862.13100 and includes the following new features for Nokia Lumia 900.
- New start screen experience with resizable tiles: to change the size, tap and hold the live tile
- Theme colours added
- Lock screen improvements: Bing photo of the day as wallpaper and accidental input protection for the security code
- Operating System version: 7.10.8862.144
- Fix for functionality issues with Live Tiles, such as Live Tile not updating
- After the update, check out Nokia Collection in Marketplace for new or update Nokia apps
How to Update Your Nokia Lumia 900 to Windows 7.8 OS
Software updates from Nokia and Microsoft are free of charge and safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos and text messages will remain safe and sound.
Your phone notifies you when an update is available for you.
- Make sure your phone has enough battery power.
- Check the phone is set to the correct date and time. Wrong date and time won't let your phone access any updates.
- The phone must have enough space on your phone. Remove unnecessary apps or files to free storage space.
- Your computer or Mac will need enough space for the software download, make sure that your hard disk has enough storage space.
- Create a backup of your existing phone software, settings and media files using the Zune software or Windows Phone app for safety purposes.
Checking Update Availability
1. Go to "Settings > Phone Update."
2. Switch "Notify me when new updates are found" on.
3. For mobile data connection used on software updates, switch "use my mobile data connection to check for update" on.
4. Alternatively, you check software updates from Zune or Windows phone app when your device connects to the computer, or by checking on your region.
2. Connect your Nokia Lumia 900 to your computer or Mac using a compatible USB cable.
3. Launch the Zune software or Windows Phone app and follow the instructions displayed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]