Nokia Lumia 900 Update: How to Do it with Official Windows 7.8 OS [Video]
By Ryan Inoyori | May 10, 2013 1:53 PM EST
Nokia announced the new software update is now rolling out to owners of Lumia 900. The company finally released the Windows 7.8 OS for handset owners which now boast several system improvements and features.
Windows 7.8 OS is now being pushed to the Zune software for Windows computer and Windows Phone app for Mac. The update has a software build number 2175.2307.8862.13100 and includes the following new features for Nokia Lumia 900.
- New start screen experience with resizable tiles: to change the size, tap and hold the live tile
- Theme colours added
- Lock screen improvements: Bing photo of the day as wallpaper and accidental input protection for the security code
- Operating System version: 7.10.8862.144
- Fix for functionality issues with Live Tiles, such as Live Tile not updating
- After the update, check out Nokia Collection in Marketplace for new or update Nokia apps
How to Update Your Nokia Lumia 900 to Windows 7.8 OS
Software updates from Nokia and Microsoft are free of charge and safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos and text messages will remain safe and sound.
Your phone notifies you when an update is available for you.
- Make sure your phone has enough battery power.
- Check the phone is set to the correct date and time. Wrong date and time won't let your phone access any updates.
- The phone must have enough space on your phone. Remove unnecessary apps or files to free storage space.
- Your computer or Mac will need enough space for the software download, make sure that your hard disk has enough storage space.
- Create a backup of your existing phone software, settings and media files using the Zune software or Windows Phone app for safety purposes.
Checking Update Availability
1. Go to "Settings > Phone Update."
2. Switch "Notify me when new updates are found" on.
3. For mobile data connection used on software updates, switch "use my mobile data connection to check for update" on.
4. Alternatively, you check software updates from Zune or Windows phone app when your device connects to the computer, or by checking on your region.
2. Connect your Nokia Lumia 900 to your computer or Mac using a compatible USB cable.
3. Launch the Zune software or Windows Phone app and follow the instructions displayed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air