Nokia Lumia 900 Update: How to Do it with Official Windows 7.8 OS [Video]
By Ryan Inoyori | May 10, 2013 1:53 PM EST
Nokia announced the new software update is now rolling out to owners of Lumia 900. The company finally released the Windows 7.8 OS for handset owners which now boast several system improvements and features.
Windows 7.8 OS is now being pushed to the Zune software for Windows computer and Windows Phone app for Mac. The update has a software build number 2175.2307.8862.13100 and includes the following new features for Nokia Lumia 900.
- New start screen experience with resizable tiles: to change the size, tap and hold the live tile
- Theme colours added
- Lock screen improvements: Bing photo of the day as wallpaper and accidental input protection for the security code
- Operating System version: 7.10.8862.144
- Fix for functionality issues with Live Tiles, such as Live Tile not updating
- After the update, check out Nokia Collection in Marketplace for new or update Nokia apps
How to Update Your Nokia Lumia 900 to Windows 7.8 OS
Software updates from Nokia and Microsoft are free of charge and safe to install, and your settings, apps, photos and text messages will remain safe and sound.
Your phone notifies you when an update is available for you.
- Make sure your phone has enough battery power.
- Check the phone is set to the correct date and time. Wrong date and time won't let your phone access any updates.
- The phone must have enough space on your phone. Remove unnecessary apps or files to free storage space.
- Your computer or Mac will need enough space for the software download, make sure that your hard disk has enough storage space.
- Create a backup of your existing phone software, settings and media files using the Zune software or Windows Phone app for safety purposes.
Checking Update Availability
1. Go to "Settings > Phone Update."
2. Switch "Notify me when new updates are found" on.
3. For mobile data connection used on software updates, switch "use my mobile data connection to check for update" on.
4. Alternatively, you check software updates from Zune or Windows phone app when your device connects to the computer, or by checking on your region.
2. Connect your Nokia Lumia 900 to your computer or Mac using a compatible USB cable.
3. Launch the Zune software or Windows Phone app and follow the instructions displayed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone