iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Date: 5S Most Likely to Come in 2013 than iPhone 6?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 10, 2013 9:26 AM EST
A supposed iPhone 6 already appeared in the inventory list of UK carrier Vodafone. According to a leaked image took by a supposed Vodafone employee and then subsequently sent to Stuff magazine in the UK, Vodafone has added the iPhone 6 to its stock inventory system presumably so it can start planning for the big day.
However, other reports claimed that it is most likely that we will see an iPhone 5S released this year than iPhone 6. The iPhone 5S is much more likely for 2013, with multiple sources claiming Apple is prepping a new iPhone with a design similar to the iPhone 5. The latest rumours point to production starting in June and July with a possible September announcement for the iPhone 5S.
The aforementioned claim is backed up by statements from analysts who predicted that the low cost iPhone will arrive later this year. The next iPhone will be launched in the following year.
Rumour has it that the next iPhone will feature Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.
The Apple chief Time Cook also dropped several hints that the upcoming iPhone 6 and 5S will be released later this year. Cook said that no new products are to launch before the end of the year.
Cook also subtly dented rumours that the iPhone 5S could launch as early as June. "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014."
It seems that the reports on the delayed release date of Apple products proved to be true. A number of analysts claimed that Apple's smartphones are delayed due to "production issues". However, recent reports also claimed that Chinese suppliers already received the components needed in building the iPhones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build