iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Date in July at Apple Developers’ Conference
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 9, 2013 1:35 PM EST
The iPhone 5S and 6 will likely be introduced, or at least mentioned, at the Apple World Wide Developer's Conference (WWDC) event that will take place on June 14. At the conference, Apple is expected to introduce iOS 7, which is the updated version of the current operating system.
Moreover, an iPhone 6 already appeared in the inventory list of UK carrier Vodafone. According to a leaked image took by a supposed Vodafone employee and then subsequently sent to Stuff magazine in the UK (since removed), Vodafone has added the iPhone 6 to its stock inventory system presumably so it can start planning for the big day.
Rumour has it that the next iPhone will feature Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.
The Apple chief Time Cook also dropped several hints that the upcoming iPhone 6 and 5S will be released later this year. Cook said that no new products are to launch before the end of the year.
Cook also subtly dented rumours that the iPhone 5S could launch as early as June. "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014."
It seems that the reports on the delayed release date of Apple products proved to be true. A number of analysts claimed that Apple's smartphones are delayed due to "production issues". However, recent reports also claimed that Chinese suppliers already received the components needed in building the iPhones.
However, Apple did not give an official statement on the rumours surrounding iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2