iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 Release Date: 5 Reasons They Snub the Samsung Galaxy S4
By Arlene Paredes | May 9, 2013 9:14 AM EST
iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 release date rumours remain a hot topic among Apple enthusiasts who are eager to replace their old Apple smartphone. Some of these users are already on iPhone 5, but would like to get the latest iOS handset anyway. Why are they snubbing other super smartphones, for instance, the Samsung Galaxy S4?
iPhone 5S vs Samsung Galaxy S4: Outside the battle of specs
Samsung has tried various ways to pull in Apple fans into using its Android devices. The Korean tech giant has gone to as far as directly attacking iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 in its Samsung Galaxy advertisements.
Some casual Apple users have been convinced to make the switch, but the lines at Apple stores are not likely to get significantly shorter.
5 Reasons Apple iPhone Fans are Snubbing Samsung Galaxy S4
1. Lack of significant design innovation. The Samsung Galaxy S4 looks a lot similar to the S3. By sticking to a dated design, Samsung failed to excite Apple loyalists. These fans, however, do not mind the iPhone's never-really-changing look since 2007.
2. That expensive, sophisticated appeal. The iPhone to many Apple fans is a beautiful gadget. Others just look good. Even the HTC One, which is touted as the most beautiful Android smartphone, barely comes close to the iPhone's overall appeal - as far as Apple fans are concerned.
3. The touch factor. It is not a secret that many Apple fans remain as such because when they touch an iPhone, they just know the device is worth their hard-earned money.
4. Simple iOS interface. Many tech-savvy iPhone users jailbreak their device for greater control. To light Apple users (who are also Apple fans), everything in iOS looks exactly how they'd want it to be. It's just simpler and more intuitive that way.
5. The Apple brand. The loyal embrace of Apple fans is a result of a very effective marketing of the Apple brand. No brand or product attack is necessary to pull consumers in.
The iPhone 5S is widely expected to carry the same look and feel of the iPhone 5. The iPhone 6, on the other hand will reportedly feature some revolutionary changes.
Some of the sales magnet for the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 include a better A7 quad core chip processor and a more intuitive iOS 7. A longer battery life is also expected, as well as some connectivity improvements. Perhaps the NFC frustration from iPhone 5 will be attended to in the next iPhone edition. A bigger storage, a more competitive primary camera, and a more robust memory will also figure in the next Apple smartphone, according to rumours.
More Tech Features:
Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone 6: Specs, (Budget) Price, Release Date Rumours; Should You Wait for It? [READ]
iPad Mini 2 Release Date Irrelevant to New Galaxy Note 8 Owners? [READ]
Evasi0n 6.1.3 Jailbreak Remains Unreleased, Users Advised Against Hoax Tools [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail: