Kristen Stewart Voted Least Trusted Celebrity; Poll: Top 10 Most Trusted People in America
May 9, 2013 3:54 AM EST
Less than two months after a British poll named Kristen Stewart the “unsexiest” actress in Hollywood, the “Twilight” star topped another list Tuesday, winning the Reader’s Digest poll for America's least trusted celebrity.
The publication teamed with The Wagner Group, polling over 1,000 Americans who all voted the 23-year-old star as the least trusted person in the U.S. Researchers based results off of questioning participants which public figures earned their confidence and had similar ideals to their own.
Box office favorites, Tom Cruise ("Mission Impossible") and Kristen Stewart, placed lowest on list out of a compilation of 100 of America’s most well-known public figures. Stewart receiving the lowest trust score at 24 percent among all female movies stars tested. Cruise came in last place out of all male celebs, raking in only 27 percent which researchers said was due to his ties to the controversial Church of Scientology.
According to CEO and Creative Director of Crenshaw Communications, Dorothy Crenshaw, the public’s lack of trust in the longtime actress was due to her summer 2012 affair with her married “Snow White and the Huntsman” director, Rupert Sanders. The duo was caught by photographers kissing while Stewart was reportedly involved with fellow “Twilight” actor, Robert Pattinson. Rupert was married to model, Liberty Ross, at the time of the scandal.
“Kristen Stewart’s trust [rating] was damaged when she was unfaithful,” said Crenshaw, confirming the incident damaged the general public’s ability to positively relate to Stewart, poll results showing that dishonestly lowered figure’s credibility.
Apparently, Universal Pictures still has trust in the Hollywood star, the studio recently inviting her to star in the 2015 sequel of “Snow White and the Huntsman,” replacing Sanders with a yet to be identified director.
Sandra Bullock was the runner-up for the most trusted celebrity; Tom Hanks topped the charts for the most trusted figure in America, the publication quoting the “Forest Gump” actor who called his 1960s upbringing the key reason for his likeability.
“I think I’m very representative of many of the thought processes my generation has been through and by and large, people of my age have had their imprint planted on the consciousness of western society for a long time,” said Hanks.
Other notable well-known figures who placed on the most-trusted list include “Today” show host, Matt Lauer (#87); Amazon.com CEO, Jeff Bezos (#78) and President Barack Obama (#65).
Top 10 Most Trusted Public American Figures:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date