Kristen Stewart Voted Least Trusted Celebrity; Poll: Top 10 Most Trusted People in America
May 9, 2013 3:54 AM EST
Less than two months after a British poll named Kristen Stewart the “unsexiest” actress in Hollywood, the “Twilight” star topped another list Tuesday, winning the Reader’s Digest poll for America's least trusted celebrity.
The publication teamed with The Wagner Group, polling over 1,000 Americans who all voted the 23-year-old star as the least trusted person in the U.S. Researchers based results off of questioning participants which public figures earned their confidence and had similar ideals to their own.
Box office favorites, Tom Cruise ("Mission Impossible") and Kristen Stewart, placed lowest on list out of a compilation of 100 of America’s most well-known public figures. Stewart receiving the lowest trust score at 24 percent among all female movies stars tested. Cruise came in last place out of all male celebs, raking in only 27 percent which researchers said was due to his ties to the controversial Church of Scientology.
According to CEO and Creative Director of Crenshaw Communications, Dorothy Crenshaw, the public’s lack of trust in the longtime actress was due to her summer 2012 affair with her married “Snow White and the Huntsman” director, Rupert Sanders. The duo was caught by photographers kissing while Stewart was reportedly involved with fellow “Twilight” actor, Robert Pattinson. Rupert was married to model, Liberty Ross, at the time of the scandal.
“Kristen Stewart’s trust [rating] was damaged when she was unfaithful,” said Crenshaw, confirming the incident damaged the general public’s ability to positively relate to Stewart, poll results showing that dishonestly lowered figure’s credibility.
Apparently, Universal Pictures still has trust in the Hollywood star, the studio recently inviting her to star in the 2015 sequel of “Snow White and the Huntsman,” replacing Sanders with a yet to be identified director.
Sandra Bullock was the runner-up for the most trusted celebrity; Tom Hanks topped the charts for the most trusted figure in America, the publication quoting the “Forest Gump” actor who called his 1960s upbringing the key reason for his likeability.
“I think I’m very representative of many of the thought processes my generation has been through and by and large, people of my age have had their imprint planted on the consciousness of western society for a long time,” said Hanks.
Other notable well-known figures who placed on the most-trusted list include “Today” show host, Matt Lauer (#87); Amazon.com CEO, Jeff Bezos (#78) and President Barack Obama (#65).
Top 10 Most Trusted Public American Figures:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists