May 8, 2013 9:21 PM EST
WATCH VIDEO: Things We Now Know of Reese Witherspoon after Leaked Arrest Video Went Viral [VIDEOS/PHOTOS]
Reese Witherspoon has shown a different side of her as she confronted an Atlanta police officer - - caught on tape and on fire on the internet - - after the video was leaked and subsequently gone viral early this week. Known for her squeaky, wholesome image, Reese has found herself on fire by disgruntled fans and critics alike –who have all been surprised by her newly discovered “demeanor.”
The Mud star had pleaded “no contest” in the Atlanta court prompting legal officers to charge her with disorderly conduct was fined with her actions. Reese has gotten off easier than her husband, Jim Toth who pleaded guilty of Driving Under the Influence and the court subsequently sentencedd him with a 40 hours of community service, alcohol counseling, and one year of probation.
Robert Pattinson’s co-star in Water for Elephants was fined by the Atlanta court with $213 but Reese has 213 million reasons to feel sorry and guilty about for the 213 million consequences that she has continued to deal with since the couple’s arrest on April 19. She may have apologized on national television and has come back to work filming again for her latest project, Reese still has her arrest haunting her with a “new Reese” that rocked the entertainment industry.
These have gone for worst when four sets of video got leaked online Thursday last week, at about the same time Reese was pleading no contest and her husband, Jim pleaded guilty to DUI before the Atlanta court.
TMZ first released the three sets of video on Thursday, followed by the fourth video the following day, Friday, showing Reese’s wrath, recorded on tape from a camera on the dashboard of an Atlanta police car.
What then are the things we didn’t know Reese Witherspoon is capable of, after her infamous arrest, following a confrontation with a police officer two weeks back.
1. That she can’t really keep her mouth shut. When she should have. Her husband, Jim was pleading to Reese to keep it together but she would not oblige.
Reese: "I'm an American citizen," Witherspoon tells Toth. "I can say whatever I want to on free ground. He does not have jurisdiction over the ground he speaks on. He does not. I'm allowed to say anything I want to say."
2. That she gets scolded by her husband, too. While Jim was undergoing sobriety test, when police smelled alcohol after being asked to get off their 2013 Ford Focus, Reese failed to focus to remain calm and was seen a number of times, climbing out of the car and confronting the police officer.
Jim Toth: "Reese, can you please stop?" Toth said, begging Reese, "Reese. Reese. Reese. Relax."
3. That she name calls to escape a situation. After realizing that she had indeed drunk one too many glasses during dinner and may have committed awful mistake confronting an officer, Reese attempted to make it better for her as she pretended to be “pregnant.” But the police didn’t buy it, Reese got handcuffed instead.
Reese: "I'm pregnant and I need to use the restroom."
4. That she can readily take full responsibility of her actions. She was brave to come out and face her demons and her fear of rejections and disappointments from fans and critics. But she did. She allowed herself got interviewed by Good Morning America and expressed regrets for her actions, noting “taking full responsibility” and admitting “saying crazy things.”
Reese: “We went out to dinner in Atlanta and we had one too many glasses of wine,” Reese said at the interview with GMA. “We thought we were fine to drive and we absolutely were not. We know better and we shouldn’t have done that. It’s just completely unacceptable and we are so sorry and embarrassed ... I think we made a mistake and it was something that will absolutely never happen again.”
5. That the following top quotes will be in the name of the new-found Reese
- "Do you know my name sir?"
- "You're about to find out who I am."
- "I'm an American citizen."
- "You better not arrest me."
Lessons learned: Don’t drink too much when no one is driving you home. And keep it together, mouth shut until the man in uniform has done his job.
Scroll down and check out the video posted on YouTube. Four videos first released by TMZ can be found here.
American Idol 2013 Spoiler!: Angie Miller’s “Coolest Moments” During Hometown Visit for 'Idol' Top Final 3 [WATCH VIDEOS] Click here.
Robert Pattinson: Kristen Stewart’s Man Named Glamour UK’s Best Dressed Man of 2013, His Hottest Looks in Photos [SLIDESHOW] Click here.
Omar Borkan Al Gala: “Too Handsome” Guy Faces Another 'Rejection' on Facebook After His Page Got 'Deleted' [PHOTOS] Click here