How I Met Your Mother Season 8 Finale: Top 5 Possible Cliffhangers, 'Romeward Bound' Season 9 Changes
By Arlene Paredes | May 8, 2013 4:50 PM EST
The first part of How I Met Your Mother Season 8 finale ("Something Old") served some medium-size cliffhangers. Viewers can tell there is so much that is about to happen in the gang. HIMYM creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays must have more serious questions to dish in the second part of the finale next week.
SPOILER ALERT: This feature contains major spoilers for those who have not seen the most recent HIMYM episodes. Read at your own risk.
Here are some of the major cliffhangers in How I Met Your Mother Season 8 Finale:
1. Robin runs away. In the premiere's "little ways down the road" bit, Robin tells Ted she is freaking out. Viewers have since seen a wedding reception. But HIMYM being a series full of surprise twists, you'll never know what happens next.
2. Barney runs away. In another "future" clip, Barney is seen trying to jump out his room's window. Marshall and Lily are pulling him in, but again, what could happen next? If either Barney or Robin runs away, HIMYM Season 8 could end without an official wedding.
3. Ted tells Robin he loves her - again! Ted skips a very important meeting - one which could land him another huge architecture project - because Robin is upset about something. Robin is visibly moved by this, especially since Ted doesn't have any idea what's going on.
4. Robin and Barney separately decide to call off the wedding. They don't run away, but they each come to the conclusion that perhaps they are not ready to get married. Or that they shouldn't.
5. Robin and Barney are at the altar, and one of them is about to say "I do." Viewers could be left hanging for those two words.
Robin and Barney has a lot of followers in the show. Their quirky, non-conventional love story is convincing. There is sufficient background story in the series that proves they are great together. Individually, however, they have issues. Can they bring out the best version of themselves and keep it together for their wedding?
The HIMYM show runners have promised a very different show next season. How I Met Your Mother Season 9 will not look like any other HIMYM episode fans have seen in the past. One thing that could support this is the Lily-and-Marshall story. The couple is moving to Rome to live there for a year. This alone changes the dynamics of the gang. Will there also be a cliffhanger about their actual flight to Rome?
More TV Guide Features:
How I Met Your Mother Season 8 Finale Part 1: 'Something Old' for Robin; Penultimate Episode Begins! [READ]
Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Casting: Matt Bomer, Alexis Bledel as Christian Grey and Ana Steele? Top 3 Reasons [PHOTOS]
American Idol 2013: Candice Glover vs Angie Miller; Kree Harrison Sure at 3rd Place? [VIDEOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine