How I Met Your Mother Season 8 Finale: Top 5 Possible Cliffhangers, 'Romeward Bound' Season 9 Changes
By Arlene Paredes | May 8, 2013 4:50 PM EST
The first part of How I Met Your Mother Season 8 finale ("Something Old") served some medium-size cliffhangers. Viewers can tell there is so much that is about to happen in the gang. HIMYM creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays must have more serious questions to dish in the second part of the finale next week.
SPOILER ALERT: This feature contains major spoilers for those who have not seen the most recent HIMYM episodes. Read at your own risk.
Here are some of the major cliffhangers in How I Met Your Mother Season 8 Finale:
1. Robin runs away. In the premiere's "little ways down the road" bit, Robin tells Ted she is freaking out. Viewers have since seen a wedding reception. But HIMYM being a series full of surprise twists, you'll never know what happens next.
2. Barney runs away. In another "future" clip, Barney is seen trying to jump out his room's window. Marshall and Lily are pulling him in, but again, what could happen next? If either Barney or Robin runs away, HIMYM Season 8 could end without an official wedding.
3. Ted tells Robin he loves her - again! Ted skips a very important meeting - one which could land him another huge architecture project - because Robin is upset about something. Robin is visibly moved by this, especially since Ted doesn't have any idea what's going on.
4. Robin and Barney separately decide to call off the wedding. They don't run away, but they each come to the conclusion that perhaps they are not ready to get married. Or that they shouldn't.
5. Robin and Barney are at the altar, and one of them is about to say "I do." Viewers could be left hanging for those two words.
Robin and Barney has a lot of followers in the show. Their quirky, non-conventional love story is convincing. There is sufficient background story in the series that proves they are great together. Individually, however, they have issues. Can they bring out the best version of themselves and keep it together for their wedding?
The HIMYM show runners have promised a very different show next season. How I Met Your Mother Season 9 will not look like any other HIMYM episode fans have seen in the past. One thing that could support this is the Lily-and-Marshall story. The couple is moving to Rome to live there for a year. This alone changes the dynamics of the gang. Will there also be a cliffhanger about their actual flight to Rome?
More TV Guide Features:
How I Met Your Mother Season 8 Finale Part 1: 'Something Old' for Robin; Penultimate Episode Begins! [READ]
Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Casting: Matt Bomer, Alexis Bledel as Christian Grey and Ana Steele? Top 3 Reasons [PHOTOS]
American Idol 2013: Candice Glover vs Angie Miller; Kree Harrison Sure at 3rd Place? [VIDEOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James