iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Release Date Set Next Month?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 8, 2013 10:06 AM EST
New rumours claimed that Apple's upcoming smartphones, iPhone 6 and 5S, is set to be launched next month along with iOS 7.
Based from Apple's history, the next iPhones could be mentioned in the upcoming WWDC event where Apple is expected to introduce the updated version of the company's iOS.
This contradicts earlier reports that the next iPhone will be released as early as later this year. The Apple chief Time Cook also dropped several hints that the upcoming iPhone 6 and 5S will be released later this year. Cook said that no new products are to launch before the end of 2013.
Cook also subtly dented rumours that the iPhone 5S could launch as early as June. "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014."
It seems that the reports on the delayed release date of Apple products proved to be true. A number of analysts claimed that Apple's smartphones are delayed due to "production issues".
Yesterday, IBTimes AU reported that production of iPhone 6 and 5S may commence as soon as July. This speculation emerged after reports claimed that Chinese partners of the tech giant started receiving the necessary parts in building the handsets.
Apple-centered tech blog Patently Apple cited "a new Chinese report" and claimed that "Apple's noisy supply chain is at it again." Manufacturers along that supply chain have supposedly begun receiving the parts that will be necessary to build the next iPhone, which Patently Apple refers to as the iPhone 5S.
Patently Apple claimed that those unnamed Chinese sources believe production on the new iPhone will actually begin in July, as two months between parts arriving and production beginning is reportedly standard.
Moreover, Foxconn's Apple product production lines are supposedly the manufacturing giant's most efficient facilities, and Foxconn has plans to bring the rest of its lines up to speed this year.
Rumour has it that the next iPhone will feature Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.
Meanwhile, the cheaper iPhone 5S is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.
However, Apple did not give an official statement on the rumours surrounding iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced