Aishwarya Rai Bachchan at Cannes: Her Red Carpet Looks over Last 11 Years [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 7, 2013 10:03 PM EST
Bollywood actress and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is all set to walk the red carpet at the 66th Cannes Film Festival for the 11th consecutive time on 15 May.
Previous events saw the actress walking down the red carpet with hubby Abhishek Bachchan by her side. But this year, she will be accompanying her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan, whose Hollywood debut film "The Great Gatsby" has been selected for the opening ceremony of the renowned French festival.
This will be second time the actress will attend the festival after giving birth to Aaradhya Bachchan in 2011. Last year, Aishwarya's appearance was a matter of great discussion and debate as she seemed to have gained immense weight. Some criticised her for not shedding the post-pregnancy weight, while others came to her defense.
Aishwarya who seemed unfazed by the criticism retorted, "An actor is in the public eye, there will be opinions. I'm very thankful to everyone out there who gives me so much love and so much positivity that the negativity doesn't come in here, it just doesn't touch me at all."
As the criticism about Aishwarya's weight gain simmered down, speculations about her next choice of outfit for the upcoming prestigious event have cropped up. The actress is rumoured to step out in traditional attire this time again.
The doe-eyed beauty, who had given out sizzling performances at the 50th edition of 'Ponds Femina Miss India 2013' and the Times of India Film awards, seemed to be working hard to regain her pre-pregnancy figure.
The 66th Cannes Film Festival will pay homage to Indian Cinema which is celebrating its 100th year. Apart from Aishwarya, a number of Indian celebrities like Sonam Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Ameesha Patel and southern superstar Rajinikanth will be attending the event.
Check out photos of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Walking the red carpet at Cannes in the past 10 years:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery