T-Mobile Released New Update for HTC One S with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | May 7, 2013 4:12 PM EST
T-Mobile finally released the long awaited update for the HTC One S featuring Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Google Now and Project Butter. The network carrier silently released the new update and expected to reach all owners eventually.
- Google Now - intelligent voice search and assistant
- Project Butter - improves smoothness and responsiveness of the UI
- Face Unlock - new options available for the Face Unlock feature to increase security
- Camera - better performance of the camera app
- Browser - better experience using the browser
- Security Patches
- Bug Fixes
- Performance and Improvement to the system
If you want the update, you are going to connect using a stable Wi-Fi connection and probably plug the HTC One S to the AC power to avoid interruption. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update has a file size of 675MB which means you need to make sure of the connections needed.
HTC One S Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Battery Life Issues
Having Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to the HTC One S is a great thing; however, owners are also suffering from battery life issues after the upgrade was performed. A discussion forum revealed by TMoNews that owners of the T-Mobile HTC One is dealing on how to sustain the battery longer compared to the last Android version 4.0 it had.
Some of the users believed that the faulty GPS causes the abnormal drain of the battery and it appears to function continuously even if the device is actually turned off. Others find the battery life on average but a definite drop compared to the former version is obvious.
T-Mobile may be rushing a fix to this problem but there is no 100 per cent guarantee that the battery life will be the same as with Android 4.0 version.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean may bring some great Android 4.0 ICS did not have but there is nothing wrong if you wanted to keep your HTC One S on its current ROM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales