T-Mobile Released New Update for HTC One S with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | May 7, 2013 4:12 PM EST
T-Mobile finally released the long awaited update for the HTC One S featuring Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Google Now and Project Butter. The network carrier silently released the new update and expected to reach all owners eventually.
- Google Now - intelligent voice search and assistant
- Project Butter - improves smoothness and responsiveness of the UI
- Face Unlock - new options available for the Face Unlock feature to increase security
- Camera - better performance of the camera app
- Browser - better experience using the browser
- Security Patches
- Bug Fixes
- Performance and Improvement to the system
If you want the update, you are going to connect using a stable Wi-Fi connection and probably plug the HTC One S to the AC power to avoid interruption. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update has a file size of 675MB which means you need to make sure of the connections needed.
HTC One S Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Battery Life Issues
Having Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to the HTC One S is a great thing; however, owners are also suffering from battery life issues after the upgrade was performed. A discussion forum revealed by TMoNews that owners of the T-Mobile HTC One is dealing on how to sustain the battery longer compared to the last Android version 4.0 it had.
Some of the users believed that the faulty GPS causes the abnormal drain of the battery and it appears to function continuously even if the device is actually turned off. Others find the battery life on average but a definite drop compared to the former version is obvious.
T-Mobile may be rushing a fix to this problem but there is no 100 per cent guarantee that the battery life will be the same as with Android 4.0 version.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean may bring some great Android 4.0 ICS did not have but there is nothing wrong if you wanted to keep your HTC One S on its current ROM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money