T-Mobile Released New Update for HTC One S with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | May 7, 2013 4:12 PM EST
T-Mobile finally released the long awaited update for the HTC One S featuring Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Google Now and Project Butter. The network carrier silently released the new update and expected to reach all owners eventually.
- Google Now - intelligent voice search and assistant
- Project Butter - improves smoothness and responsiveness of the UI
- Face Unlock - new options available for the Face Unlock feature to increase security
- Camera - better performance of the camera app
- Browser - better experience using the browser
- Security Patches
- Bug Fixes
- Performance and Improvement to the system
If you want the update, you are going to connect using a stable Wi-Fi connection and probably plug the HTC One S to the AC power to avoid interruption. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update has a file size of 675MB which means you need to make sure of the connections needed.
HTC One S Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Battery Life Issues
Having Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to the HTC One S is a great thing; however, owners are also suffering from battery life issues after the upgrade was performed. A discussion forum revealed by TMoNews that owners of the T-Mobile HTC One is dealing on how to sustain the battery longer compared to the last Android version 4.0 it had.
Some of the users believed that the faulty GPS causes the abnormal drain of the battery and it appears to function continuously even if the device is actually turned off. Others find the battery life on average but a definite drop compared to the former version is obvious.
T-Mobile may be rushing a fix to this problem but there is no 100 per cent guarantee that the battery life will be the same as with Android 4.0 version.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean may bring some great Android 4.0 ICS did not have but there is nothing wrong if you wanted to keep your HTC One S on its current ROM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pizza Hut Australia Sorry for Victoria Branch’s ‘Free Small Animal’ Campaign
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet