iPad Mini 2, iPad 5 to Feature a Stylus?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 6, 2013 10:32 AM EST
Apple's upcoming tablets will feature a stylus just like Samsung Galaxy Note series, reports forecasting the new gadgets indicated.
Apple seems to be eager in battling with Samsung with its rumored plans of releasing its latest tablets with stylus similar to the S-Pen included in some Samsung tablets.
The rumor arises with the unexpected popularity of Samsung's Galaxy Note series. Moreover, many people think that Apple will highly benefit from a stylus since iPad is somehow designed for artists with a wide array of great drawing apps.
According to reports, iPad Mini 2 will feature a screen with a resolution of 2048 x 1536. This is almost four times the resolution of the present iPad Mini and is equal to the fourth generation iPad which was released along with the iPad Mini last year. AU Optronics has been rumoured to be making displays for the iPad Mini 2.
Other specs include a more powerful dual core A7 processor and a 7.9 inch screen. It will also feature a 10-hour battery life, a FaceTime HD camera, and an iSight camera with 1080 pixels HD video recording. Apple is also trying to reduce the thickness of the iPad Mini 2 by using the Sharp's IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) technology in its screens.
The iPad 5, on the other hand, is rumoured to have no bezels, and the whole form factor has been made sleeker. Horowitz believes this design indicates that Apple will be calling on Sharp's IGZO screen technology. Sharp, however, according to Horowitz, has been struggling, and its ability to deliver components on time will play a key role in the release of the next iPad.
Apple's CEO Tim Cook recently confirmed that no new Apple products will be released before fall 2013. However, the sudden disappearance of previous iPads tells consumers otherwise.
According to reports, iPad 5 is set for release in October; while the iPad Mini 2 will be released in Christmas. Apple may have decided to make a solo launch for both tablets due to the popularity of iPad Mini. The device was well-received by consumers in many parts of the world.
However, the Cupertino-based company remained tight-lipped on the rumors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight