Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and AT&T Galaxy Note Received Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS Update
By Ryan Inoyori | May 3, 2013 11:55 AM EST
Finally, both Verizon and AT&T released update their Galaxy Note devices with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean allowing owners to use Google Now and experience Project Butter smoothness. Aside from the standard Jelly Bean features, the devices gain more app support for Multi-Window feature and Pop-up capabilities.
Verizon Updates Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
The long awaited Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is now being pushed to the owners of Verizon Galaxy Note 2. The update has a build number JZ054K.I605VRAMC3 and baseband I605VRAMC3 with 246.5MB storage size.
Owners can simply use Over-The-Air update or OTA to obtain the latest upgrade and will bring several new improvements including additional app support for the Multi-Window feature which now works with YouTube, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Kindle, Viewdini, Google Maps and GTalk. Other improvements for ISIS Mobile Waller, VZ Navigator, Backup Assistant Plus, Exchange Active Sync email, SMS, Wi-Fi connectivity and removal of Zappos app. The Android 4.1.2 update contains bug fixes and security patches as well.
To download, go to "Settings > About Phone/Device > Software Updates > Check for Update." Follow the instructions carefully and do some backup first before installing the update.
AT&T Galaxy Note I717 Android 4.1.2 Update
AT&T finally updates their Galaxy Note after several Jelly Bean upgrades were released to many Android devices. The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update from AT&T to Galaxy Note owners includes the following new features:
- Pop-up Note: Instantly writes down directions, phone numbers and other information while on an active call.
- Pop-up Video & Browser: Watch video or browse the Web while performing other tasks.
- Photo Note & Frame: Jot down notes on the front and back of a photo.
- Easy Clip: Crop an image from any screen and save or share it easily.
- Paper Artist: Provides an emotional & aesthetic photo editing experience.
- Handwriting on S Planner & Email: Handwrite memos or send handwritten notes via email.
- Enhanced S Note: More effects & templates were added
For now, owners can only access the upgrade by using Samsung Kies PC Suite. You can simply download it from the Samsung Web site and install it on your computer. After the installation, launch the Samsung Kies and connect your Galaxy Note to the computer. Let the drivers be installed, and then follow the instructions prompted on Samsung Kies once your device is eligible for the update.
Be sure to make a backup copy of all your personal information, settings and data files before upgrading the device for safety reasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People