Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and AT&T Galaxy Note Received Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS Update
By Ryan Inoyori | May 3, 2013 11:55 AM EST
Finally, both Verizon and AT&T released update their Galaxy Note devices with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean allowing owners to use Google Now and experience Project Butter smoothness. Aside from the standard Jelly Bean features, the devices gain more app support for Multi-Window feature and Pop-up capabilities.
Verizon Updates Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
The long awaited Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is now being pushed to the owners of Verizon Galaxy Note 2. The update has a build number JZ054K.I605VRAMC3 and baseband I605VRAMC3 with 246.5MB storage size.
Owners can simply use Over-The-Air update or OTA to obtain the latest upgrade and will bring several new improvements including additional app support for the Multi-Window feature which now works with YouTube, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Kindle, Viewdini, Google Maps and GTalk. Other improvements for ISIS Mobile Waller, VZ Navigator, Backup Assistant Plus, Exchange Active Sync email, SMS, Wi-Fi connectivity and removal of Zappos app. The Android 4.1.2 update contains bug fixes and security patches as well.
To download, go to "Settings > About Phone/Device > Software Updates > Check for Update." Follow the instructions carefully and do some backup first before installing the update.
AT&T Galaxy Note I717 Android 4.1.2 Update
AT&T finally updates their Galaxy Note after several Jelly Bean upgrades were released to many Android devices. The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update from AT&T to Galaxy Note owners includes the following new features:
- Pop-up Note: Instantly writes down directions, phone numbers and other information while on an active call.
- Pop-up Video & Browser: Watch video or browse the Web while performing other tasks.
- Photo Note & Frame: Jot down notes on the front and back of a photo.
- Easy Clip: Crop an image from any screen and save or share it easily.
- Paper Artist: Provides an emotional & aesthetic photo editing experience.
- Handwriting on S Planner & Email: Handwrite memos or send handwritten notes via email.
- Enhanced S Note: More effects & templates were added
For now, owners can only access the upgrade by using Samsung Kies PC Suite. You can simply download it from the Samsung Web site and install it on your computer. After the installation, launch the Samsung Kies and connect your Galaxy Note to the computer. Let the drivers be installed, and then follow the instructions prompted on Samsung Kies once your device is eligible for the update.
Be sure to make a backup copy of all your personal information, settings and data files before upgrading the device for safety reasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence