Facebook Cashes on Mobile Ads, Reports $1.5 Billion Q1 Revenues
By Frances Samson | May 2, 2013 2:07 PM EST
The world's most patronized social networking site, Facebook, reported an amount of $1.5 billion in revenue for the first quarter of 2013, higher than the $1.1 billion posted in the same quarter last year.
The company's profit increased from $219 million from last year's $205 million.
According to Facebook, it is the company's mobile ads that account for as much as 30 percent of its advertising revenue for the first quarter, a marked increase from the 23 percent recorded in the fourth quarter of 2012. The mobile ads are a heavily favoured and monitored metric of the social networking's site potential.
While the mobile number is well-liked by analysts, they however were one in the opinion that Facebook's profit is still a bit shy compared to the company revenue which hit the high mark.
According to Facebook's founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg,"We've made a lot of progress in the first few months of the year.
"We have seen strong growth and engagement across our community and launched several exciting products."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS