Facebook Cashes on Mobile Ads, Reports $1.5 Billion Q1 Revenues
By Frances Samson | May 2, 2013 2:07 PM EST
The world's most patronized social networking site, Facebook, reported an amount of $1.5 billion in revenue for the first quarter of 2013, higher than the $1.1 billion posted in the same quarter last year.
The company's profit increased from $219 million from last year's $205 million.
According to Facebook, it is the company's mobile ads that account for as much as 30 percent of its advertising revenue for the first quarter, a marked increase from the 23 percent recorded in the fourth quarter of 2012. The mobile ads are a heavily favoured and monitored metric of the social networking's site potential.
While the mobile number is well-liked by analysts, they however were one in the opinion that Facebook's profit is still a bit shy compared to the company revenue which hit the high mark.
According to Facebook's founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg,"We've made a lot of progress in the first few months of the year.
"We have seen strong growth and engagement across our community and launched several exciting products."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]