Facebook Cashes on Mobile Ads, Reports $1.5 Billion Q1 Revenues
By Frances Samson | May 2, 2013 2:07 PM EST
The world's most patronized social networking site, Facebook, reported an amount of $1.5 billion in revenue for the first quarter of 2013, higher than the $1.1 billion posted in the same quarter last year.
The company's profit increased from $219 million from last year's $205 million.
According to Facebook, it is the company's mobile ads that account for as much as 30 percent of its advertising revenue for the first quarter, a marked increase from the 23 percent recorded in the fourth quarter of 2012. The mobile ads are a heavily favoured and monitored metric of the social networking's site potential.
While the mobile number is well-liked by analysts, they however were one in the opinion that Facebook's profit is still a bit shy compared to the company revenue which hit the high mark.
According to Facebook's founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg,"We've made a lot of progress in the first few months of the year.
"We have seen strong growth and engagement across our community and launched several exciting products."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect