After Fassbender and Law, Bradley Cooper Drops Out from Natalie Portman Movie
By Frances Samson | May 2, 2013 12:56 PM EST
Bradley Cooper, star of the famous Hangover series, becomes the fourth and latest principal to boot out the Natalie Portman starrer, "Western Jane Got a Gun". Initially, Cooper was tapped to replace another actor who likewise left the film, Jude Law.
The movie, which has been in turmoil in recent months following the exits of its main stars, is a story of a good girl gone bad ass in her attempt to secure her family's survival, and in the process also rekindle feelings with an old flame who helped her develop her gun slinging skills.
Before Cooper's exit, the film also lost its director Lynne Ramsey and two leading men, Michael Fassbender and Jude Law, who both dropped out recently.
The first to leave the filming was Fassbender and then followed by Ramsey who decamped in such dramatic fashion by timing it on the eve of actual production.
Film producer Scott Steindorff was then left with no choice but to commission a last minute replacement in Gavin O'Connor (Miracle). It didn't take long before Law quit the movie after Ramsey left.
Had Cooper stayed on, he would have to play the role of leader of the gang, who tries to kill the husband of Portman's character in the movie played by Noah Emmerich.
Thankfully for the production, the exit of Cooper is not about to affect filming as the movie is in a scheduled shut-down stage. It was a decision that the production agreed on when Connor took over to allow everyone breathing room to catch up.
O'Connor didn't want to take on the project hastily so even if shooting had already begun, they re-arranged the schedule and decided on a timeframe that was most convenient for everyone. Cooper was supposed to shoot his scenes always in the latter half.
No word has been official yet on the reason why Cooper left although the actor is also understandably managing a busy schedule himself. He is now filming "American Hustle" helmed by David O. Russell, slightly delayed by the recent bombings at the Boston Marathon.
And there's the soon to be shown "The Hangover III" to which Cooper is expected to devote some time for press commitments.
Meanwhile, amidst all the exit news, there were also rumours that went around about Jake Gyllenhaal joining the cast of Western Jane but even that did not pan out.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes