UFO Sighting: Airbus 320 in Near Collision with a UFO, Leaves Scotland Air Traffic Officials Baffled
By Frances Samson | May 1, 2013 11:52 AM EST
An Airbus 320 figured in an almost mid-air collision with a UFO over at Baillieston on the outskirts of Glasgow, Scotland according to reports.
The passenger plane, which could sit up to 220 people, was said to be just seconds away and about 300 feet close from crashing into the flying object as it approached the Glasgow Airport in Scotland.
Members of the UK Airprox Board who investigate reports of near misses have yet to offer conclusive findings on the incident.
The aircraft's pilot was evidently stunned as he reported to the air traffic control officers the imminent risk of collision with a "blue and yellow" object passing below the Airbus 320.
"We just had something pass underneath us quite close. Have you got anything on in our area," the pilot asked the control tower.
The air traffic officials said they got nothing on radar and were not communicating with any traffic either.
When suggested that it could probably be something like a glider, both pilots said it just looked too big for that or even for a balloon.
"We were probably about four hundred to five hundred feet above it so it's probably about three and a half thousand feet (in height)," they said.
The two pilots described the object as "blue and yellow (or silver) in colour with a small frontal area" They could not provide further information aside from the colour since they only had fleeting glimpses of the object.
In addition, a detailed investigation of radar sources also did not produce conclusive radar data that matched the account of the pilot regarding the encounter.
The UK Airprox Board are still baffled even after extensive investigation. Initially, they considered some possible candidates for the unidentified aircraft.
"Members were of the opinion that, in the absence of a primary radar return, it was unlikely that the untraced aircraft was a fixed-wing or rotary-wing aircraft or man-carrying balloon.
'It was considered that a meteorological balloon would be radar significant and unlikely to be released in the area of the Airprox.
"A glider could not be discounted but it was felt unlikely that one would be operating in that area, both due to the constrained airspace and the lack of thermal activity due to the low temperature.
Also, the board considered that a hang-glider or para-motor would be radar significant and that space and atmospheric conditions likewise precluded them, as in the case of para-gliders or parascenders.
"Members were unable to reach a conclusion as to a likely candidate for the conflicting aircraft and it was therefore felt that the Board had insufficient information to determine a cause or risk."
The Airbus 320 involved in the incident has still not been accounted for which airline it belongs.
There are several airlines that fly A320 from the Glasgow Airport.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Alien Base Found on Moon: UFO Enthusiasts Celebrate [Watch Video]
- Regular Sexual Intercourse Can Ward Off Erection Problems, Say Researchers
- Alien Mystery Solved: NASA Reveals the Truth About the Strange Figure Recorded on the Moon (Watch Video)
- Real Life Mermaid Swims in Paris: Viewers Amazed (Watch Video)
- Climate Change Has Given Birth to New Hybrid Species: Transformation Before Man's Eyes
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015