The Voice Australia 2013: Will.i.am To Perform and Promote New Solo Album
By Anne Lu | April 30, 2013 3:30 PM EST
Will.i.am is set to appear on "The Voice" in Australia to promote his solo album. The Black Eyed Peas frontman will perform tracks from his #willpower album on the Nine Network programme on May 7.
#willpower debuted in the top 10 in the country this week, and the American music star hopes to further boost the sales of his record by appearing on the hit talent show. He is set to perform the track #thatPower without Canadian tween heartthrob Justin Bieber, his duet partner in the song.
He has recently hit out at critics who said that he stole the beats for his song "Let's Go" from Russian DJ Arty's 2011 track "Rebound," which he made with British DJ Mat Zo.
Will.i.am claims that he has reached out to the DJ for the use of the song. Arty allegedly responded positively on the invitation to collaborate with him, but he refuted that there was no final deal between their respective labels.
"If you look on the album, there is credit," will.i.am told the Associated Press. "You can't steal if you credited somebody. I'm based off our conversation. He and I communicated. He's excited in the email. So what do I know.
"I give it to legal. I'm not an attorney. I did my piece. I gave credit to the person who did it. It's not my fault he didn't tell me about the other guy. So who is to blame? I didn't know. I wasn't in the room when he made it. You should have told me you had a collaborator."
"Let's Go" features Chris Brown, and is also from #willpower.
Meanwhile, will.i.am, who is a coach on the UK version of "The Voice," has revealed that he has given away his fee to charity.
Speaking to The Big Issue, he admitted that he couldn't keep his £500,000 [approx. AU$748,000] fee from the BBC talent show for himself. He called it the "people's money."
"The Voice is the BBC, it's the people's money, so it didn't feel right," he explained.
Instead, the music singer and producer, whose estimated wealth is at $75 million, donated his payment to the Prince's Trust's Enterprise Programme, which supports disadvantaged people aged 18 to 30 in starting their own business.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS