The Voice Australia 2013: Will.i.am To Perform and Promote New Solo Album
By Anne Lu | April 30, 2013 3:30 PM EST
Will.i.am is set to appear on "The Voice" in Australia to promote his solo album. The Black Eyed Peas frontman will perform tracks from his #willpower album on the Nine Network programme on May 7.
#willpower debuted in the top 10 in the country this week, and the American music star hopes to further boost the sales of his record by appearing on the hit talent show. He is set to perform the track #thatPower without Canadian tween heartthrob Justin Bieber, his duet partner in the song.
He has recently hit out at critics who said that he stole the beats for his song "Let's Go" from Russian DJ Arty's 2011 track "Rebound," which he made with British DJ Mat Zo.
Will.i.am claims that he has reached out to the DJ for the use of the song. Arty allegedly responded positively on the invitation to collaborate with him, but he refuted that there was no final deal between their respective labels.
"If you look on the album, there is credit," will.i.am told the Associated Press. "You can't steal if you credited somebody. I'm based off our conversation. He and I communicated. He's excited in the email. So what do I know.
"I give it to legal. I'm not an attorney. I did my piece. I gave credit to the person who did it. It's not my fault he didn't tell me about the other guy. So who is to blame? I didn't know. I wasn't in the room when he made it. You should have told me you had a collaborator."
"Let's Go" features Chris Brown, and is also from #willpower.
Meanwhile, will.i.am, who is a coach on the UK version of "The Voice," has revealed that he has given away his fee to charity.
Speaking to The Big Issue, he admitted that he couldn't keep his £500,000 [approx. AU$748,000] fee from the BBC talent show for himself. He called it the "people's money."
"The Voice is the BBC, it's the people's money, so it didn't feel right," he explained.
Instead, the music singer and producer, whose estimated wealth is at $75 million, donated his payment to the Prince's Trust's Enterprise Programme, which supports disadvantaged people aged 18 to 30 in starting their own business.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy