West Valley City Shooting: Man Shot In Police Department Headquarters; Injuries Unknown
By Howard Koplowitz | April 30, 2013 1:33 AM EST
A man was shot Monday morning following an argument inside the lobby of the West Valley City Police Department headquarters.
The victim, only identified as a man, was alive and in police custody, West Valley City Police Sgt. Jason Hauer told the Salt Lake Tribune. The victim was being taken to a local hospital; his injuries are unclear.
Hauer said an officer fired at the victim, but it’s unclear what preceded the incident. No officers were injured during the shooting, according to the Tribune.
The shooting occurred around 8:30 a.m. in the West Valley City Police offices in a suburb of Salt Lake City, the Associated Press reported.
The West Valley City PD earlier made headlines when federal and local prosecutors dropped about 100 cases that originated in the department’s drug unit, according to the AP.
The department’s drug unit is now defunct and is the focus of investigations at the county and federal levels.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- El Niño Update: 2014 Threat Easing, ‘Unlikely to be a Strong Event’ – Australia BoM
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date