West Valley City Shooting: Man Shot In Police Department Headquarters; Injuries Unknown
By Howard Koplowitz | April 30, 2013 1:33 AM EST
A man was shot Monday morning following an argument inside the lobby of the West Valley City Police Department headquarters.
The victim, only identified as a man, was alive and in police custody, West Valley City Police Sgt. Jason Hauer told the Salt Lake Tribune. The victim was being taken to a local hospital; his injuries are unclear.
Hauer said an officer fired at the victim, but it’s unclear what preceded the incident. No officers were injured during the shooting, according to the Tribune.
The shooting occurred around 8:30 a.m. in the West Valley City Police offices in a suburb of Salt Lake City, the Associated Press reported.
The West Valley City PD earlier made headlines when federal and local prosecutors dropped about 100 cases that originated in the department’s drug unit, according to the AP.
The department’s drug unit is now defunct and is the focus of investigations at the county and federal levels.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia-NATO Tactical Warplanes In Rapid Stand-off; Putin Orders Snap Military Drills
- Russia Does Not Belong To International Financial System Says David Cameron, Plus New Sanctions Imminent -- Reports
- Russia Decides Not To Involve Ukraine's Facilties In Its Strategic Missile Production Plans
- Russia and US Fight For Underwater Drone Supremacy; Moscow Builds More Warplanes Than US
- ISIS Does Killing Spree Of Over 150 Women, Girls Because They Refused To Marry Mad, Crazy Jihadists