West Valley City Shooting: Man Shot In Police Department Headquarters; Injuries Unknown
By Howard Koplowitz | April 30, 2013 1:33 AM EST
A man was shot Monday morning following an argument inside the lobby of the West Valley City Police Department headquarters.
The victim, only identified as a man, was alive and in police custody, West Valley City Police Sgt. Jason Hauer told the Salt Lake Tribune. The victim was being taken to a local hospital; his injuries are unclear.
Hauer said an officer fired at the victim, but it’s unclear what preceded the incident. No officers were injured during the shooting, according to the Tribune.
The shooting occurred around 8:30 a.m. in the West Valley City Police offices in a suburb of Salt Lake City, the Associated Press reported.
The West Valley City PD earlier made headlines when federal and local prosecutors dropped about 100 cases that originated in the department’s drug unit, according to the AP.
The department’s drug unit is now defunct and is the focus of investigations at the county and federal levels.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase