'Tiger Should Have Been Disqualified'
By Golf 365 | April 29, 2013 9:28 AM EST
Louis Oosthuizen believes that Tiger Woods should have been disqualified from the Masters after an incorrect drop.
Woods was embroiled in controversy at Augusta when he admitted to having taken a penalty drop from the incorrect spot during his second round. Having found the hazard at the 15th hole, the world number one dropped the ball two yards further back from where he had initially hit it, rather than the exact point of his previous shot.
The American was handed a two-shot penalty for the improper drop but avoided disqualification for signing an incorrect scorecard after the rules committee ruled that he had "unknowingly" made a penalty.
At the time opinions were divided as to whether Woods had received preferential treatment, but when asked about the matter at a press conference prior to Thursday's Ballantine's Championship, Oosthuizen was of little doubt as to what should have transpired.
"He got the rule wrong in the way he dropped," said the South African. "I don't think he did it intentionally. But after signing the scorecard, it was definitely a DQ."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date