'Tiger Should Have Been Disqualified'
By Golf 365 | April 29, 2013 9:28 AM EST
Louis Oosthuizen believes that Tiger Woods should have been disqualified from the Masters after an incorrect drop.
Woods was embroiled in controversy at Augusta when he admitted to having taken a penalty drop from the incorrect spot during his second round. Having found the hazard at the 15th hole, the world number one dropped the ball two yards further back from where he had initially hit it, rather than the exact point of his previous shot.
The American was handed a two-shot penalty for the improper drop but avoided disqualification for signing an incorrect scorecard after the rules committee ruled that he had "unknowingly" made a penalty.
At the time opinions were divided as to whether Woods had received preferential treatment, but when asked about the matter at a press conference prior to Thursday's Ballantine's Championship, Oosthuizen was of little doubt as to what should have transpired.
"He got the rule wrong in the way he dropped," said the South African. "I don't think he did it intentionally. But after signing the scorecard, it was definitely a DQ."
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports