'Tiger Should Have Been Disqualified'
By Golf 365 | April 29, 2013 9:28 AM EST
Louis Oosthuizen believes that Tiger Woods should have been disqualified from the Masters after an incorrect drop.
Woods was embroiled in controversy at Augusta when he admitted to having taken a penalty drop from the incorrect spot during his second round. Having found the hazard at the 15th hole, the world number one dropped the ball two yards further back from where he had initially hit it, rather than the exact point of his previous shot.
The American was handed a two-shot penalty for the improper drop but avoided disqualification for signing an incorrect scorecard after the rules committee ruled that he had "unknowingly" made a penalty.
At the time opinions were divided as to whether Woods had received preferential treatment, but when asked about the matter at a press conference prior to Thursday's Ballantine's Championship, Oosthuizen was of little doubt as to what should have transpired.
"He got the rule wrong in the way he dropped," said the South African. "I don't think he did it intentionally. But after signing the scorecard, it was definitely a DQ."
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims