'Tiger Should Have Been Disqualified'
By Golf 365 | April 29, 2013 9:28 AM EST
Louis Oosthuizen believes that Tiger Woods should have been disqualified from the Masters after an incorrect drop.
Woods was embroiled in controversy at Augusta when he admitted to having taken a penalty drop from the incorrect spot during his second round. Having found the hazard at the 15th hole, the world number one dropped the ball two yards further back from where he had initially hit it, rather than the exact point of his previous shot.
The American was handed a two-shot penalty for the improper drop but avoided disqualification for signing an incorrect scorecard after the rules committee ruled that he had "unknowingly" made a penalty.
At the time opinions were divided as to whether Woods had received preferential treatment, but when asked about the matter at a press conference prior to Thursday's Ballantine's Championship, Oosthuizen was of little doubt as to what should have transpired.
"He got the rule wrong in the way he dropped," said the South African. "I don't think he did it intentionally. But after signing the scorecard, it was definitely a DQ."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More