'Tiger Should Have Been Disqualified'
By Golf 365 | April 29, 2013 9:28 AM EST
Louis Oosthuizen believes that Tiger Woods should have been disqualified from the Masters after an incorrect drop.
Woods was embroiled in controversy at Augusta when he admitted to having taken a penalty drop from the incorrect spot during his second round. Having found the hazard at the 15th hole, the world number one dropped the ball two yards further back from where he had initially hit it, rather than the exact point of his previous shot.
The American was handed a two-shot penalty for the improper drop but avoided disqualification for signing an incorrect scorecard after the rules committee ruled that he had "unknowingly" made a penalty.
At the time opinions were divided as to whether Woods had received preferential treatment, but when asked about the matter at a press conference prior to Thursday's Ballantine's Championship, Oosthuizen was of little doubt as to what should have transpired.
"He got the rule wrong in the way he dropped," said the South African. "I don't think he did it intentionally. But after signing the scorecard, it was definitely a DQ."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup