UFO Sightings: Darlington Man Snaps Several Hundred Images of Objects Flying over Perth
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | April 28, 2013 6:01 PM EST
A resident of Darlington has captured images of 100 mysterious ojects, believed to be Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), flying over the Perth Hills in the past six months.
Rob Hartland, a biochemist-turned-school teacher, caught on camera objects flying over the hill from his Darlington home when he was taking photos to test his new digital camera. Hartland began to noticing the unusual objects during his analysis of the photos he had taken with the new camera.
"I take about 30 shots at a time. In 10-15 minutes I'll take 300 to 400 images. Then I connect the camera to the computer. I zoom in and enhance any little thing I note on the images and you get these craft in anywhere from 2 per cent to 20 per cent of shots," Hartland was quoted as saying in PerthNow.
"Some of them appear to have transparent canopies and in some shots it looks like there could be occupants inside."
The atypical shape and colour of some of the objects spotted in the photographs made him dubious about the sightings. Though the initial analysis suggested the possibility of aerial vehicles (UAVS) or craft in the sky, he ruled out that possibility.
"I always say 'could' rather than 'is'. There is always doubt. But UFO stands for unidentified flying object and as far as I'm concerned these aren't identified. It's possible some are man-made, but I don't think they all are," he said.
"There's no way it is a bird or insect or plane they look totally different and these craft move much faster," he said.
Hartland has posted the pictures of the mysterious round, square and saucer shaped objects on his website wispyclouds.net.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’