Salman Khan’s “Mental” Hits Theatres in November; To Clash with Ranveer-Deepika’s “Ram Leela”
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | April 27, 2013 8:26 PM EST
Here is good news for fans of Bollywood actor Salman Khan who were disappointed over reports that none of his movies would hit theatres in 2013.
Putting an end to speculations, the makers of the movie, "Mental", starring Salman Khan, have finally decided to release the film on 22 November.
While the release date of "Mental" has given a reason for diehard fans of Salman to celebrate, filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali has reportedly gone insomniac. The reason behind this is cited to the clash between his movie, "Ram Leela", which is slated to release on 22 November.
According to rumours, Bhansali has a genuine reason to fear as one of his previous movies, "Saawariya", which marked the debut of Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor, had a disastrous fate at the box office due to the clash with Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer "Om Shanti Om". Both movies hit the theatres on 9 November, 2007.
Earlier, Bhansali had postponed the release of "Ram Leela" starring Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone from August to November just to avoid competition with Shah Rukh starrer "Chennai Express" which is slated for release on 8 August. But the recent developments predict that Bhansali's movie will face a tough clash with Salman who has given back to back hits including "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Dabangg" and "Ek Tha Tiger" amongst others.
"Salman's films usually run to packed houses for two weeks, and Bhansali would thus lose out on a major portion of the audience. So much so, he is now contemplating moving his film out of the November 29 slot," a source told Times Of India.
Directed and produced by Sohail Khan, "Mental" has Salman Khan and new comer Daisy Shah in the lead roles. Actress Tabu will also be seen in a supporting role. Other cast include Sana Khan, Ashmit Patel, Vatsal Seth, Yash Tonk, Santosh Sukla and Mukul Dev.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June