WWDC 2013: Apple Giving Away 150 Free Tickets To Programming Students For Sold Out Convention
By Ryan W. Neal | April 26, 2013 4:03 AM EST
Are you a programming student that wants to go to Apple’s 2013 Worldwide Developers Conference? There might be an app for that.
Apple is giving away 150 free tickets to its annual conference to students who can build an app that demonstrates their creativity and coding ability. Anyone at least 13 years old and older and currently enrolled in the iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer University Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program or Mac Developer Program can apply for the WWDC 2013 Student Scholarship. The deadline is April 29 at 9:00 a.m. PT.
“Your app should highlight development projects you’ve worked on, your education and professional background, technical skills, and interests,” states the scholarship’s website.
The apps must be a native iOS or Mac app written in Objective-C, the main programming language used by Apple. Apps will be judged on technical accomplishment and creativity. There is also an application that students must complete.
The annual conference is Apple’s big event to showcase new software and technologies to developers. Though the focus is on software, hardware occasionally makes its way into the showcase. iOS 6 was the star of last year’s WWDC, but Apple also revealed updates to the MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and MacBook Air. This year, there are rumors of updates to the iPad and iPhone.
The conference will run June 10 to 14 in San Francisco. Tickets sold for $1599 each, and sold out in less than two minutes.
For a student eager to attend, the WWDC 2013 Scholarship may be the only chance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Blacklist’ Season 2 Spoilers Episode 6: Liz’s Secret To Be Revealed In The Mombasa Cartel [VIDEO]
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon October 24, 2014
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- New Zealand's FTA With South Korea Soon: Talks Concluded In Seoul
- New Zealand Security 'Under Threat' If It Joins Fight Against ISIS In Iraq
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’