WWDC 2013: Apple Giving Away 150 Free Tickets To Programming Students For Sold Out Convention
By Ryan W. Neal | April 26, 2013 4:03 AM EST
Are you a programming student that wants to go to Apple’s 2013 Worldwide Developers Conference? There might be an app for that.
Apple is giving away 150 free tickets to its annual conference to students who can build an app that demonstrates their creativity and coding ability. Anyone at least 13 years old and older and currently enrolled in the iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer University Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program or Mac Developer Program can apply for the WWDC 2013 Student Scholarship. The deadline is April 29 at 9:00 a.m. PT.
“Your app should highlight development projects you’ve worked on, your education and professional background, technical skills, and interests,” states the scholarship’s website.
The apps must be a native iOS or Mac app written in Objective-C, the main programming language used by Apple. Apps will be judged on technical accomplishment and creativity. There is also an application that students must complete.
The annual conference is Apple’s big event to showcase new software and technologies to developers. Though the focus is on software, hardware occasionally makes its way into the showcase. iOS 6 was the star of last year’s WWDC, but Apple also revealed updates to the MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and MacBook Air. This year, there are rumors of updates to the iPad and iPhone.
The conference will run June 10 to 14 in San Francisco. Tickets sold for $1599 each, and sold out in less than two minutes.
For a student eager to attend, the WWDC 2013 Scholarship may be the only chance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Furious 7' Star Jordana Brewster Reveals Paul Walker's 'Bittersweet' Presence In the Film: Says 'Fans Would Get To Revisit Him'
- 'Fury' Movie Review: Best And Worst Moments Of The Film [WATCH VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC: Gunners Legend Robert Pires Knows Wenger's 'Missing Piece' To Win Silverware
- Bruce Jenner Gets Rid of Bizarre Birthday Manicure For Lunch Out With His Daughters
- Liverpool FC: Reds Striker Daniel Sturridge Looks To Score Goals Upon Return
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight