WWDC 2013: Apple Giving Away 150 Free Tickets To Programming Students For Sold Out Convention
By Ryan W. Neal | April 26, 2013 4:03 AM EST
Are you a programming student that wants to go to Apple’s 2013 Worldwide Developers Conference? There might be an app for that.
Apple is giving away 150 free tickets to its annual conference to students who can build an app that demonstrates their creativity and coding ability. Anyone at least 13 years old and older and currently enrolled in the iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer University Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program or Mac Developer Program can apply for the WWDC 2013 Student Scholarship. The deadline is April 29 at 9:00 a.m. PT.
“Your app should highlight development projects you’ve worked on, your education and professional background, technical skills, and interests,” states the scholarship’s website.
The apps must be a native iOS or Mac app written in Objective-C, the main programming language used by Apple. Apps will be judged on technical accomplishment and creativity. There is also an application that students must complete.
The annual conference is Apple’s big event to showcase new software and technologies to developers. Though the focus is on software, hardware occasionally makes its way into the showcase. iOS 6 was the star of last year’s WWDC, but Apple also revealed updates to the MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and MacBook Air. This year, there are rumors of updates to the iPad and iPhone.
The conference will run June 10 to 14 in San Francisco. Tickets sold for $1599 each, and sold out in less than two minutes.
For a student eager to attend, the WWDC 2013 Scholarship may be the only chance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate