Game Watch: Call of Duty: Ghosts and “Future” Halo Outed By Tesco UK: Capcom’s Big Okami Announcement For Next Week
By Gilda Galang | April 25, 2013 11:43 AM EST
There hasn't been a lot of talk about the next Call of Duty game, but it seems that it has already been revealed by a Tesco UK.
According to VideoGamer, Call of Duty: Ghosts--as the game is expected to be called--will be available for the Xbox 360 and the PS3. However, the post has been pulled down after the reveal, but sources have reported that the box art is one that has been circulating even before.
Game Informer reports that aside from the two current-gen consoles, no other versions for the next-gen or other platforms have been seen.
VideoGamer also adds that sources have said that the latest installment might take off from the Modern Warfare series and move towards a different direction, but confirmations are still required from Activision.
It seems that this will be the start of rumors for the next Call of Duty. For now, it seems that many are still engrossed with the latest DLC of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, entitled Uprising, which was released last April 16.
Expect Capcom's Okami next week
Capcom has just announced that its Okami game will get a major announcement next week.
IGN reports that this came from a tweet from the official Okami Twitter account, stating, "Hello, this is Okami news. Sorry I've been kind of out of touch lately, but I have the feeling we'll be able to drop a fresh announcement like WHAM! Around the beginning of Golden Week, so please look forward to it. Right now, we're on track with preparations."
The translated tweet reportedly pertains to the week of April 29 to May 5, and IGN adds that this may be the game that a Japanese gaming magazine may be pertaining to as a pretty sweet upcoming game.
For those who have been a fan of this PS2 and Wii game, best to watch out next week for more announcements.
Halo listed in Tesco UK but shot down by Microsoft
Alongside the Call of Duty: Ghosts listing, Tesco UK also brought to light a reported upcoming Halo game. However, it seems that this does not equate to a launch, Microsoft said to GameSpot, "This listing is not indicative of a Halo product launch. We have no news to share of future Halo titles."
However, may it mean that there is an upcoming content to be released for the current Halo title? Again, it can boil down to speculations, until Microsoft announces any official news..
Hopefully, there is something in production in relation to the Halo series, but if anything, another game that goes by the name of Bungie by Destiny is supposedly aiming higher compared to what Halo has already achieved, but expect this to be further down the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage