Game Watch: Call of Duty: Ghosts and “Future” Halo Outed By Tesco UK: Capcom’s Big Okami Announcement For Next Week
By Gilda Galang | April 25, 2013 11:43 AM EST
There hasn't been a lot of talk about the next Call of Duty game, but it seems that it has already been revealed by a Tesco UK.
According to VideoGamer, Call of Duty: Ghosts--as the game is expected to be called--will be available for the Xbox 360 and the PS3. However, the post has been pulled down after the reveal, but sources have reported that the box art is one that has been circulating even before.
Game Informer reports that aside from the two current-gen consoles, no other versions for the next-gen or other platforms have been seen.
VideoGamer also adds that sources have said that the latest installment might take off from the Modern Warfare series and move towards a different direction, but confirmations are still required from Activision.
It seems that this will be the start of rumors for the next Call of Duty. For now, it seems that many are still engrossed with the latest DLC of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, entitled Uprising, which was released last April 16.
Expect Capcom's Okami next week
Capcom has just announced that its Okami game will get a major announcement next week.
IGN reports that this came from a tweet from the official Okami Twitter account, stating, "Hello, this is Okami news. Sorry I've been kind of out of touch lately, but I have the feeling we'll be able to drop a fresh announcement like WHAM! Around the beginning of Golden Week, so please look forward to it. Right now, we're on track with preparations."
The translated tweet reportedly pertains to the week of April 29 to May 5, and IGN adds that this may be the game that a Japanese gaming magazine may be pertaining to as a pretty sweet upcoming game.
For those who have been a fan of this PS2 and Wii game, best to watch out next week for more announcements.
Halo listed in Tesco UK but shot down by Microsoft
Alongside the Call of Duty: Ghosts listing, Tesco UK also brought to light a reported upcoming Halo game. However, it seems that this does not equate to a launch, Microsoft said to GameSpot, "This listing is not indicative of a Halo product launch. We have no news to share of future Halo titles."
However, may it mean that there is an upcoming content to be released for the current Halo title? Again, it can boil down to speculations, until Microsoft announces any official news..
Hopefully, there is something in production in relation to the Halo series, but if anything, another game that goes by the name of Bungie by Destiny is supposedly aiming higher compared to what Halo has already achieved, but expect this to be further down the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More