Sony Xperia Z: Unlocked Version Available at Best Buy with $899.99 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 24, 2013 2:00 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z arrival in the US has not yet been announced but Best Buy currently offers the SIM-free and unlocked version of the smart phone. The Best Buy web site lists the 5-inch Android smart phone for a price of $899.99.
According to Best Buy, the Sony Xperia Z smart phone will only be available on 3G networks unlike the unlocked version of Sony Xperia ZL that can support 4G LTE at AT&T and T-Mobile. Despite being a very pricey device, consumers who are willing to splurge on the Best Buy offer can get their hands on the beautiful and cool Sony Xperia Z.
Details about the Best Buy offer on the Sony Xperia Z smart phone is available at this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Xperia+Z+Mobile+Phone+%28Unlocked%29/8812372.p;jsessionid=46B2936607D1DD15E0AC0C5DD5A9E3A8.bbolsp-app03-115?id=1218901329524&skuId=8812372&st=sony%20xperia%20z&cp=1&lp=1
The Sony Xperia smart phone features a Full HD panel, 1.4GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage capacity with a microSD card slot for expanded memory storage. It runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update with a 13MP rear-facing camera that can capture images and videos in real-time and the remarkable dust and water protection.
The impressive water-resistant feature will allow users to take the Sony Xperia Z in the shower and be less worried about liquid spills ruining the smart phone. However, there is no certainty that the Sony Xperia Z can survive being submerged in water at any period of time.
Other reports claim Sony Xperia Z will arrive as well at T-Mobile soon with the possibility of offering the smart phone with a lower price and the 4G LTE support that Best Buy does not have. Interested consumers will no longer have to spend on Best Buy's high pricing scheme for the Sony Xperia Z.
Best Buy's expensive price on the unlocked Sony Xperia Z will drive the consumers to purchase other unlocked smart phones available like the iPhone 5. Apple offers the unlocked 64GB iPhone 5 at a price of $849. Consumers will now have to think about spending less for the bigger storage capacity of the iPhone 5 or grabbing the Best Buy offer for the Sony Xperia Z that has the HDR video and water-resistant features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery