Sony Xperia Z: Unlocked Version Available at Best Buy with $899.99 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 24, 2013 2:00 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z arrival in the US has not yet been announced but Best Buy currently offers the SIM-free and unlocked version of the smart phone. The Best Buy web site lists the 5-inch Android smart phone for a price of $899.99.
According to Best Buy, the Sony Xperia Z smart phone will only be available on 3G networks unlike the unlocked version of Sony Xperia ZL that can support 4G LTE at AT&T and T-Mobile. Despite being a very pricey device, consumers who are willing to splurge on the Best Buy offer can get their hands on the beautiful and cool Sony Xperia Z.
Details about the Best Buy offer on the Sony Xperia Z smart phone is available at this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Xperia+Z+Mobile+Phone+%28Unlocked%29/8812372.p;jsessionid=46B2936607D1DD15E0AC0C5DD5A9E3A8.bbolsp-app03-115?id=1218901329524&skuId=8812372&st=sony%20xperia%20z&cp=1&lp=1
The Sony Xperia smart phone features a Full HD panel, 1.4GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage capacity with a microSD card slot for expanded memory storage. It runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update with a 13MP rear-facing camera that can capture images and videos in real-time and the remarkable dust and water protection.
The impressive water-resistant feature will allow users to take the Sony Xperia Z in the shower and be less worried about liquid spills ruining the smart phone. However, there is no certainty that the Sony Xperia Z can survive being submerged in water at any period of time.
Other reports claim Sony Xperia Z will arrive as well at T-Mobile soon with the possibility of offering the smart phone with a lower price and the 4G LTE support that Best Buy does not have. Interested consumers will no longer have to spend on Best Buy's high pricing scheme for the Sony Xperia Z.
Best Buy's expensive price on the unlocked Sony Xperia Z will drive the consumers to purchase other unlocked smart phones available like the iPhone 5. Apple offers the unlocked 64GB iPhone 5 at a price of $849. Consumers will now have to think about spending less for the bigger storage capacity of the iPhone 5 or grabbing the Best Buy offer for the Sony Xperia Z that has the HDR video and water-resistant features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around