Sony Xperia Z: Unlocked Version Available at Best Buy with $899.99 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 24, 2013 2:00 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z arrival in the US has not yet been announced but Best Buy currently offers the SIM-free and unlocked version of the smart phone. The Best Buy web site lists the 5-inch Android smart phone for a price of $899.99.
According to Best Buy, the Sony Xperia Z smart phone will only be available on 3G networks unlike the unlocked version of Sony Xperia ZL that can support 4G LTE at AT&T and T-Mobile. Despite being a very pricey device, consumers who are willing to splurge on the Best Buy offer can get their hands on the beautiful and cool Sony Xperia Z.
Details about the Best Buy offer on the Sony Xperia Z smart phone is available at this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Xperia+Z+Mobile+Phone+%28Unlocked%29/8812372.p;jsessionid=46B2936607D1DD15E0AC0C5DD5A9E3A8.bbolsp-app03-115?id=1218901329524&skuId=8812372&st=sony%20xperia%20z&cp=1&lp=1
The Sony Xperia smart phone features a Full HD panel, 1.4GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage capacity with a microSD card slot for expanded memory storage. It runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update with a 13MP rear-facing camera that can capture images and videos in real-time and the remarkable dust and water protection.
The impressive water-resistant feature will allow users to take the Sony Xperia Z in the shower and be less worried about liquid spills ruining the smart phone. However, there is no certainty that the Sony Xperia Z can survive being submerged in water at any period of time.
Other reports claim Sony Xperia Z will arrive as well at T-Mobile soon with the possibility of offering the smart phone with a lower price and the 4G LTE support that Best Buy does not have. Interested consumers will no longer have to spend on Best Buy's high pricing scheme for the Sony Xperia Z.
Best Buy's expensive price on the unlocked Sony Xperia Z will drive the consumers to purchase other unlocked smart phones available like the iPhone 5. Apple offers the unlocked 64GB iPhone 5 at a price of $849. Consumers will now have to think about spending less for the bigger storage capacity of the iPhone 5 or grabbing the Best Buy offer for the Sony Xperia Z that has the HDR video and water-resistant features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports