Sony Xperia Z: Unlocked Version Available at Best Buy with $899.99 Price
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 24, 2013 2:00 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z arrival in the US has not yet been announced but Best Buy currently offers the SIM-free and unlocked version of the smart phone. The Best Buy web site lists the 5-inch Android smart phone for a price of $899.99.
According to Best Buy, the Sony Xperia Z smart phone will only be available on 3G networks unlike the unlocked version of Sony Xperia ZL that can support 4G LTE at AT&T and T-Mobile. Despite being a very pricey device, consumers who are willing to splurge on the Best Buy offer can get their hands on the beautiful and cool Sony Xperia Z.
Details about the Best Buy offer on the Sony Xperia Z smart phone is available at this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Xperia+Z+Mobile+Phone+%28Unlocked%29/8812372.p;jsessionid=46B2936607D1DD15E0AC0C5DD5A9E3A8.bbolsp-app03-115?id=1218901329524&skuId=8812372&st=sony%20xperia%20z&cp=1&lp=1
The Sony Xperia smart phone features a Full HD panel, 1.4GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage capacity with a microSD card slot for expanded memory storage. It runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update with a 13MP rear-facing camera that can capture images and videos in real-time and the remarkable dust and water protection.
The impressive water-resistant feature will allow users to take the Sony Xperia Z in the shower and be less worried about liquid spills ruining the smart phone. However, there is no certainty that the Sony Xperia Z can survive being submerged in water at any period of time.
Other reports claim Sony Xperia Z will arrive as well at T-Mobile soon with the possibility of offering the smart phone with a lower price and the 4G LTE support that Best Buy does not have. Interested consumers will no longer have to spend on Best Buy's high pricing scheme for the Sony Xperia Z.
Best Buy's expensive price on the unlocked Sony Xperia Z will drive the consumers to purchase other unlocked smart phones available like the iPhone 5. Apple offers the unlocked 64GB iPhone 5 at a price of $849. Consumers will now have to think about spending less for the bigger storage capacity of the iPhone 5 or grabbing the Best Buy offer for the Sony Xperia Z that has the HDR video and water-resistant features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying