Assassin’s Creed 4, GTA 5: A Look at These Next-Gen Games
By Gilda Galang | April 24, 2013 1:16 PM EST
Two of the most awaited upcoming games to hit next-gen consoles Xbox 720 and PS4, namely Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and Grand Theft Auto 5 get updates, as screensavers, rumors, and developers talk.
Assassin's Creed: Limitations in video game, and a look at the enemy ship
Ubisoft's anticipated cross-gen game Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is set to take the stage in the style of combat and exploration as you take on the Caribbean seas as Edward Kenway.
According to The Examiner, just because the protagonist is a feared and talented pirate does not mean he's going to have a smooth sailing ride across the game. Waiting for him and his crew are rival ships, which would appear to challenge you regardless of where you decide to sail.
And the enemy wants what any pirate wants: the loot that you have in your boot. The Examiner adds that you the rival pirates have a system where players would need to upgrade their ships before they can tread more dangerous territories.
You can expect more combats and pirate fights, banking on what has already been previously established in the Assassin's Creed series, coupled with the open-world combats of the Black Flag.
Technicalities of creating scenes
With its aim of being part of the next-gen consoles Xbox 720 and PS4 games, Assassin's Creed 4 undoubtedly has a few improvements outside of its story line and directly related to hardware improvements.
However, even with the improvement of the game, its creators still had limitations to deal with.
"What's easy in cinema is sometimes the complete opposite of what's easy in a video game. For instance, if I said I wanted a shot of 15 people sitting around being drunk, that seems so easy to shoot in the cinema: you just get 15 guys, they all act drunk," said Darby McDevitt, lead writer, to GameSpot.
"In a video game, if all those were unique characters, it would be impossible because you'd run out of memory. You couldn't display 15 unique characters all on the screen at once."
For McDevitt, it takes more than just an imaginative mind to pull off a worthy game. It also takes collaboration to make sure that the writing and the gameplay achieves a reasonable balance.
GTA 5: Of Epsilonism, new characters, and the mysterious April 29
When it comes to awaited surprises, it seems that Rockstar Games is gearing for something big on April 29, as GTA 5 fans notice that the recently released Epsilon screensaver has an expiry date, pegged down at April 29, 3 p.m.
According to Now Gamer, April 29 would be the perfect window for any announcements on the part of the developer, and given that the Kifflom screensaver is already making big waves as it is, there's bound to be something big slated for next week.
"The Epsilon Program does not exist in just one time or place. We invite you to visit one of our enlightenment centers. Directions will be provided in one week's time," according to the official Rockstar Games blog.
Watch the video of the screensaver from Epsilon Program right here, and learn about the 12 supposed goals of Epsilonism.
Also in the screensaver is a potential new character. DLCentral reports that this character may be the cult leader Cris Formage, said to be voiced by Fred Melamed. If his character plays a major role in the upcoming GTA 5, hopefully it will be part of the announcement on April 29.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- HTC Desire 820 vs. HTC One (M8) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Comparison
- Apple iOS 8 Problems: Battery Drain, Sluggish Wi-Fi, Sound Issues; Quick Fixes And Info On Upcoming ‘iOS 8 Update’ Listed
- Xbox One Now Gets a Price Cut In U.K. As Microsoft Announces 6-Day Delay in China
- ‘Metal Gear Solid 5’: Employs A Terrifying Decoy, 'Silent Hills' Ghost Stuns Enemies
- Apple iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus Battery Test Result Shows Unimpressive Scores; Sony Xperia Z3 Leads The Pack [Table Listed]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L