Samsung Galaxy S4 Stabbed With 3 Knives, a Pen, Keys and Pennies [Video]
By Ryan Inoyori | April 23, 2013 12:34 PM EST
Samsung's latest flagship smartphone Galaxy S4 has its display screen protected by Gorilla Glass 3 to withstand scratches and cuts from other objects. Corning Gorilla Glass is three times more scratch-resistant than Gorilla Glass and 40 per cent fewer scratches visible to the naked eye. Did the glass really protect Samsung Galaxy S4?
YouTube user Szabolcs Ignacz made a video testing the resistant of the Galaxy S4's display screen. He used a pen, 3 knives, keys and pennies with the attempt to break the Gorilla Glass 3 protection of the device.
The first thing he used is the pen by poking on the display screen. Yet nothing actually happened on Galaxy S4. No breaks or scratches visible to the naked eye. On the second round, he used three different knives - ordinary, bread knife with teeth and kitchen knife. It looks scary as he strikes the device with all three, and again, not a single part of the screen was damaged. For the finale, he used a key to hit and scrape the screen real hard then later coins to scratch it.
Galaxy S4 survived the attack and it is indeed proven thatthe Corning Gorilla Glass 3 is stronger than its previous version.
The glass debuted on CES 2013 and demonstrated how tough the new version would be even if is appears to be thin. While the tech world knows how Gorilla Glass is made, no one exactly sure how strong it can be. No test yet has been done if it would crash to the floor, adding to the impact of gravity or if a shattering sound pulse can destroy the Gorilla Glass.
Samsung Galaxy S4 may have a not-so-cheap price tag but it is justified on how tough it is against daily scratches, cuts and bumps.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists