Chicago Bears Rumors: Terrell Owens To Bears? Chicago Interested In Drafting Notre Dame's Manti Te'o?
April 23, 2013 5:03 AM EST
Terrell Owens and Manti Te’o have been two of the most controversial names in football over the last several years. Now, both players have been linked to the Chicago Bears.
Owens hasn’t played in an NFL game since 2010, but the former wide receiver hasn’t ruled a return to the gridiron.
The ex-football star told Comcast SportsNet Chicago's David Kaplan on Friday that he can envision a scenario in which he’s back on the field in 2013. Owens played under current Bears head coach Marc Trestman in 1996 when he was the offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers.
"I played my first early years in San Francisco with (Trestman) and shortly after that, he left to do some things," Owens said. "I haven't talked to Marc in a long while. I know he's gone on and done some things, now he's back in the NFL. So, I never really thought about it until myself and Napoleon (Harris) were talking about it earlier, but I would definitely welcome it if they would give it some serious consideration.”
The Bears haven’t made any indications that they are looking to sign Owens. The wide out caught 72 passes in 2010 for the Cincinnati Bengals, but he hasn’t played in the NFL since.
Drafting Te’o wouldn’t be as controversial as signing Owens, but it would be one of the most talked about decisions on Thursday. A recent mock draft in the Chicago Tribune had the Notre Dame product going to the Bears at No.20 in the first round.
Despite his poor performance in the BCS National Championship game against Alabama, there’s a good chance Te’o will be selected on Day One. He was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy and could help fill the need left by free agent Brian Urlacher.
Chicago’s NFC North rival Minnesota Vikings have also been linked to the linebacker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft