Chicago Bears Rumors: Terrell Owens To Bears? Chicago Interested In Drafting Notre Dame's Manti Te'o?
April 23, 2013 5:03 AM EST
Terrell Owens and Manti Te’o have been two of the most controversial names in football over the last several years. Now, both players have been linked to the Chicago Bears.
Owens hasn’t played in an NFL game since 2010, but the former wide receiver hasn’t ruled a return to the gridiron.
The ex-football star told Comcast SportsNet Chicago's David Kaplan on Friday that he can envision a scenario in which he’s back on the field in 2013. Owens played under current Bears head coach Marc Trestman in 1996 when he was the offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers.
"I played my first early years in San Francisco with (Trestman) and shortly after that, he left to do some things," Owens said. "I haven't talked to Marc in a long while. I know he's gone on and done some things, now he's back in the NFL. So, I never really thought about it until myself and Napoleon (Harris) were talking about it earlier, but I would definitely welcome it if they would give it some serious consideration.”
The Bears haven’t made any indications that they are looking to sign Owens. The wide out caught 72 passes in 2010 for the Cincinnati Bengals, but he hasn’t played in the NFL since.
Drafting Te’o wouldn’t be as controversial as signing Owens, but it would be one of the most talked about decisions on Thursday. A recent mock draft in the Chicago Tribune had the Notre Dame product going to the Bears at No.20 in the first round.
Despite his poor performance in the BCS National Championship game against Alabama, there’s a good chance Te’o will be selected on Day One. He was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy and could help fill the need left by free agent Brian Urlacher.
Chicago’s NFC North rival Minnesota Vikings have also been linked to the linebacker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related