NASCAR Kansas Sprint Cup Series: Where To Watch Live, Preview, Starting Grid
By IB Times Staff Reporter | April 22, 2013 1:19 AM EST
Matt Kenseth hopes his first pole of the season results in his second win of 2013.
The 41-year-old won on his birthday in Las Vegas, and can repeat that performance Sunday at Kansas Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
WIth a blistering 191.864 mph lap, Kenseth paced the rest of the field, with Carl Edwards, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., and Sam Hornish Jr. fractions of a mile behind him.
Kenseth had a much better week than Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski. NASCAR officials confiscated parts from both teammates cars. Team owner Roger Penske told the media he didn’t think it was cheating, but rather a “gray area” in the NASCAR rule book.
Each driver lost 25 points, and their crew chiefs and five team members were suspended for six races after officials came up with disconcerting results during a pre-race inspection at Texas last week. About $200,000 in fines were also issued, but Penske said he would appeal.
The suspensions clearly got into both racers heads. Logano placed No. 22 in the pole and Keselowski will start from the 33rd spot.
The 25-point dock pushed Keselowski down to fourth in the Sprint Cup standings behind current points leader Jimmie Johnson, who also had trouble in the pole at Kansas and will start from the No. 21 position.
Last week’s winner at Texas, Kyle Busch, looks to continue his run from the No. 5 position. In seven starts this year, Busch has two wins and five top five finishes.
The race begins at 1 p.m. Eastern and will be broadcast by FOX, and the top 10 in the starting grid can be viewed below.
Matt Kenseth, Toyota, 20
Carl Edwards, Ford, 99
Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Ford, 17
Sam Hornish Jr., Ford, 12
Kyle Busch, Toyota, 18
Aric Almirola, Ford, 43
Martin Truex Jr., Toyota, 56
Mark Martin, Toyota, 55
Ryan Newman, Chevrolet, 39
Clint Bowyer, Toyota, 15
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS