Canelo Vs Trout: Betting Odds, Prediction, And Preview For Saturday's Fight
By IB Times Staff Reporter | April 20, 2013 6:12 AM EST
More is at stake between Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Austin “No Doubt” Trout” than two world titles and the right to stay undefeated.
Back in 2011, Trout won a unanimous decision over Rigoberto Alvarez, Canelo’s brother, for the WBA Lightweight title, and ever since the Mexican has wanted to avenge the knock on his family.
He will have his chance Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio in a scheduled 12-round bout with Trout. The winner will unify the WBC and WBA Lightweight crowns.
Just four shot months ago, the Texas native Trout dropped Miguel Cotto in a unanimous decision to retain his lightweight crown and his pristine 26-0 record.
WBC champ El Canelo Alvarez took more time off after registering a fifth round TKO of American Josesito Lopez in Las Vegas back in September.
At 22-years-old, Alvarez has practically reached the peak of his profession and his already 41-0, but Trout represents his biggest test thus far.
Both fighters possess raw power has evidence by Alvarez winning 30 of his fights by KO, and the southpaw Trout totaling 14 in his 26 professional fights.
The last time Alvarez fought a southpaw, he went 12 rounds with Great Britain’s Ryan Rhodes before capturing the TKO in 2011.
Betting Odds: Canelo is a -190 Favorite
Over/Under: 9 1/2 rounds
Prediction: Trout has a one-inch reach advantage, both the speed of both fighters should be the biggest factor. Both will look to score points early in rounds and back off, avoiding any trap into corners. Alvarez might need some time adjust to Trout's stance, but eventualy he'll learn his opponent's timing and win in a decision.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu