Canelo Vs Trout: Betting Odds, Prediction, And Preview For Saturday's Fight
By IB Times Staff Reporter | April 20, 2013 6:12 AM EST
More is at stake between Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Austin “No Doubt” Trout” than two world titles and the right to stay undefeated.
Back in 2011, Trout won a unanimous decision over Rigoberto Alvarez, Canelo’s brother, for the WBA Lightweight title, and ever since the Mexican has wanted to avenge the knock on his family.
He will have his chance Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio in a scheduled 12-round bout with Trout. The winner will unify the WBC and WBA Lightweight crowns.
Just four shot months ago, the Texas native Trout dropped Miguel Cotto in a unanimous decision to retain his lightweight crown and his pristine 26-0 record.
WBC champ El Canelo Alvarez took more time off after registering a fifth round TKO of American Josesito Lopez in Las Vegas back in September.
At 22-years-old, Alvarez has practically reached the peak of his profession and his already 41-0, but Trout represents his biggest test thus far.
Both fighters possess raw power has evidence by Alvarez winning 30 of his fights by KO, and the southpaw Trout totaling 14 in his 26 professional fights.
The last time Alvarez fought a southpaw, he went 12 rounds with Great Britain’s Ryan Rhodes before capturing the TKO in 2011.
Betting Odds: Canelo is a -190 Favorite
Over/Under: 9 1/2 rounds
Prediction: Trout has a one-inch reach advantage, both the speed of both fighters should be the biggest factor. Both will look to score points early in rounds and back off, avoiding any trap into corners. Alvarez might need some time adjust to Trout's stance, but eventualy he'll learn his opponent's timing and win in a decision.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS