Canelo Vs Trout: Betting Odds, Prediction, And Preview For Saturday's Fight
By IB Times Staff Reporter | April 20, 2013 6:12 AM EST
More is at stake between Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Austin “No Doubt” Trout” than two world titles and the right to stay undefeated.
Back in 2011, Trout won a unanimous decision over Rigoberto Alvarez, Canelo’s brother, for the WBA Lightweight title, and ever since the Mexican has wanted to avenge the knock on his family.
He will have his chance Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio in a scheduled 12-round bout with Trout. The winner will unify the WBC and WBA Lightweight crowns.
Just four shot months ago, the Texas native Trout dropped Miguel Cotto in a unanimous decision to retain his lightweight crown and his pristine 26-0 record.
WBC champ El Canelo Alvarez took more time off after registering a fifth round TKO of American Josesito Lopez in Las Vegas back in September.
At 22-years-old, Alvarez has practically reached the peak of his profession and his already 41-0, but Trout represents his biggest test thus far.
Both fighters possess raw power has evidence by Alvarez winning 30 of his fights by KO, and the southpaw Trout totaling 14 in his 26 professional fights.
The last time Alvarez fought a southpaw, he went 12 rounds with Great Britain’s Ryan Rhodes before capturing the TKO in 2011.
Betting Odds: Canelo is a -190 Favorite
Over/Under: 9 1/2 rounds
Prediction: Trout has a one-inch reach advantage, both the speed of both fighters should be the biggest factor. Both will look to score points early in rounds and back off, avoiding any trap into corners. Alvarez might need some time adjust to Trout's stance, but eventualy he'll learn his opponent's timing and win in a decision.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around