Canelo Vs Trout: Betting Odds, Prediction, And Preview For Saturday's Fight
By IB Times Staff Reporter | April 20, 2013 6:12 AM EST
More is at stake between Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Austin “No Doubt” Trout” than two world titles and the right to stay undefeated.
Back in 2011, Trout won a unanimous decision over Rigoberto Alvarez, Canelo’s brother, for the WBA Lightweight title, and ever since the Mexican has wanted to avenge the knock on his family.
He will have his chance Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio in a scheduled 12-round bout with Trout. The winner will unify the WBC and WBA Lightweight crowns.
Just four shot months ago, the Texas native Trout dropped Miguel Cotto in a unanimous decision to retain his lightweight crown and his pristine 26-0 record.
WBC champ El Canelo Alvarez took more time off after registering a fifth round TKO of American Josesito Lopez in Las Vegas back in September.
At 22-years-old, Alvarez has practically reached the peak of his profession and his already 41-0, but Trout represents his biggest test thus far.
Both fighters possess raw power has evidence by Alvarez winning 30 of his fights by KO, and the southpaw Trout totaling 14 in his 26 professional fights.
The last time Alvarez fought a southpaw, he went 12 rounds with Great Britain’s Ryan Rhodes before capturing the TKO in 2011.
Betting Odds: Canelo is a -190 Favorite
Over/Under: 9 1/2 rounds
Prediction: Trout has a one-inch reach advantage, both the speed of both fighters should be the biggest factor. Both will look to score points early in rounds and back off, avoiding any trap into corners. Alvarez might need some time adjust to Trout's stance, but eventualy he'll learn his opponent's timing and win in a decision.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone