Nokia EOS PureView Lumia Released on July as a Galaxy Note Killer? [Videos]
By Ryan Inoyori | April 19, 2013 3:19 PM EST
Windows Phone 8 is being planned by Microsoft to get an update to support 1080p screen display, and Nokia would be the first to take advantage of it. The Finnish smartphone maker, Nokia, is currently developing a new smartphone called EOS PureView Lumia with large screen and to match Samsung's Galaxy Note.
The Financial Times reports about the upcoming smartphone from Nokia, reportedly planned to be released on July 2013. The Verge also revealed the EOS smartphone with same Lumia title as having similar sensors with Nokia's 808 PureView technology. It is more advanced and lighter Lumia smartphone under the code name Catwalk.
Not only it is a high-end Lumia device but also made out of aluminium material, making it lighter and thinner than the Lumia 920. Concept Phones revealed that Windows Phone 8 Blue is suppose to run EOS PureView Lumia with powerful specifications.
EOS PureView Lumia is expected to have the following technical specifications:
- 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 CPU, presumably quad-core
- 2GB of RAM
- Adreno 320 graphics unit
- 32GB internal storage
- 4.65-inch screen with 1280x768 resolution display
- PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack display
- MicroSD card slot
- 41MP camera with Carl Zeiss optical lens
- Autofocus, high-powered Xenon flash, and 1/1.2" sensor size for the camera
- 2MP front camera shooter
- ND filter, 10x lossless digital zoom, face detection, improved low light ability, 1080@30fps video recording
- 2300 mAh battery unit
- Weighs 185 grams
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Killer?
That would be a mystery for now. Samsung made a very powerful device against the HTC One M7 and Sony Xperia Z and is expected to crush the upcoming iPhone with the Galaxy S4. The upcoming Note 3 is packed with never-before-seen specs and features that can shake its competitors once again.
If the Nokia EOS PureView Lumia tops the battery life, applications, display and camera, a head-to-head clash between these two devices may occur and it opens a chance for Nokia to steal back its reputation from Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James