Xbox 720: May Reveal Confirmed, Heroes Coming to Xbox & Battlefield 4 Multiplayer for Next-gen Consoles
By Gilda Galang | April 19, 2013 3:18 PM EST
May 21 is supposedly the date to watch out for when it comes to the Xbox 720, codenamed Durango, and at least two sources have already backed up this claim.
VG 24/7 reports that veteran tech blogger Paul Thurrott has already given his insights on the release date via podcast.
"Originally, they were going to announce this thing in April 24, now they're going to announce it May 21. We know there are events occurring this year where we're going to learn more about Durango," Thurrott said in the podcast.
Now, The Verge has reportedly been reached by sources who are familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans. Additional details now point to an event at a small venue, where Microsoft will lay down the first details of the next-gen console, as well as the complete 2013 plans for the Xbox.
The next possible event for a full reveal is said to be the E3 this coming June. Whether this will be a full disclosure for the Xbox 720--and potentially, even Sony's PS4--remains to be seen.
Xbox 720: Heroes revival a step into TV
It seems like you'll be getting more than just games once the Xbox 720, the next-gen console for Microsoft, gets revealed and released.
According to Inquisitr, NBC's cancelled but highly popular TV show Heroes is looking for a revival via Xbox 720 TV streaming service.
Among the popular speculations about the Xbox 720 specs involved an Xbox TV in the form of the Xbox Mini or Stingray, so that it can compete with Apple TV. This is in line with reports earlier this month of Microsoft selling Mediaroom to shift its TV focus on the Xbox.
"With the same of Mediaroom, Microsoft is dedicating all TV resources to Xbox in a continued mission to make it the premium entertainment service that delivers all the games and entertainment consumers want--whether on a console, phone, PC, or tablet," said Microsoft corporate vice president Yusuf Mehdi to GameSpot.
With the Xbox Mini, you'll have device that connects your cable and a television, at the rumored price tag of $150. Other speculations of the Xbox Mini also involves an Xbox 360 system-on-a-chip for backwards compatibility, so you just need one console (technically two, but you get the gist) for both TV entertainment and gaming needs.
Battlefield 4: Multiplayer on the Xbox 720 and PS4
As for gaming in the next-gen consoles, The Examiner reports that the factions you can play with for Battlefield 4 has been revealed.
You can now choose to either be China, Russia, or the United States for the first-person shooter role. Given how the Battlefield 4 gameplay revealed a few weeks ago showcased a single-player mode, the three playable factions would have to be for an online multiplayer.
Battlefield 4 is currently in development for both current and next-gen consoles, as well as the PC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family