Xbox 720: May Reveal Confirmed, Heroes Coming to Xbox & Battlefield 4 Multiplayer for Next-gen Consoles
By Gilda Galang | April 19, 2013 3:18 PM EST
May 21 is supposedly the date to watch out for when it comes to the Xbox 720, codenamed Durango, and at least two sources have already backed up this claim.
VG 24/7 reports that veteran tech blogger Paul Thurrott has already given his insights on the release date via podcast.
"Originally, they were going to announce this thing in April 24, now they're going to announce it May 21. We know there are events occurring this year where we're going to learn more about Durango," Thurrott said in the podcast.
Now, The Verge has reportedly been reached by sources who are familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans. Additional details now point to an event at a small venue, where Microsoft will lay down the first details of the next-gen console, as well as the complete 2013 plans for the Xbox.
The next possible event for a full reveal is said to be the E3 this coming June. Whether this will be a full disclosure for the Xbox 720--and potentially, even Sony's PS4--remains to be seen.
Xbox 720: Heroes revival a step into TV
It seems like you'll be getting more than just games once the Xbox 720, the next-gen console for Microsoft, gets revealed and released.
According to Inquisitr, NBC's cancelled but highly popular TV show Heroes is looking for a revival via Xbox 720 TV streaming service.
Among the popular speculations about the Xbox 720 specs involved an Xbox TV in the form of the Xbox Mini or Stingray, so that it can compete with Apple TV. This is in line with reports earlier this month of Microsoft selling Mediaroom to shift its TV focus on the Xbox.
"With the same of Mediaroom, Microsoft is dedicating all TV resources to Xbox in a continued mission to make it the premium entertainment service that delivers all the games and entertainment consumers want--whether on a console, phone, PC, or tablet," said Microsoft corporate vice president Yusuf Mehdi to GameSpot.
With the Xbox Mini, you'll have device that connects your cable and a television, at the rumored price tag of $150. Other speculations of the Xbox Mini also involves an Xbox 360 system-on-a-chip for backwards compatibility, so you just need one console (technically two, but you get the gist) for both TV entertainment and gaming needs.
Battlefield 4: Multiplayer on the Xbox 720 and PS4
As for gaming in the next-gen consoles, The Examiner reports that the factions you can play with for Battlefield 4 has been revealed.
You can now choose to either be China, Russia, or the United States for the first-person shooter role. Given how the Battlefield 4 gameplay revealed a few weeks ago showcased a single-player mode, the three playable factions would have to be for an online multiplayer.
Battlefield 4 is currently in development for both current and next-gen consoles, as well as the PC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast