Nintendo 3DS Gets 6 Whopping Games & Bethesda Gives More Details on Next Project
By Gilda Galang | April 19, 2013 12:52 PM EST
Nintendo is looking at a string of releases, probably in its continuing quest to keep up with its competitors, especially with the upcoming release of the next-gen consoles.
Starting off the releases is Japanese video game company Level-5, and their plans of bringing in 3 new games come spring, specifically for the 3DS.
Game Informer reports that the game titles will be The Starship Damrey, Attack of the Friday Monsters: A Tokyo Tale, and Bugs vs. Tanks. In addition, linked content will be available for those with Liberation Maiden, Aero Porter, and Crimson Shroud.
The latter games will be available from April 18 to May 30 on a sale price of $4.99 for Crimson Shroud and Liberation Maiden and $2.99 for Aero Porter.
3DS gets a new Zelda game, plus two more favorite Zelda titles
The Nintendo 3DS is on a roll with the release of new games for the platform. Polygon reports that The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons will be coming to the 3DS virtual console come May 30.
The plotline is also loosely connected with Link's Awakening, and may contain un-lockable modes for special content. Prices have not yet been announced for both games.
Speaking of Legend of Zelda, a new game title has also been announced to be released on the 3DS. IGN reports that the game may have the same backdrop as A Link to the Past, but will most certainly not be a remake, as the new game will make full use of the 3D screen.
There has been no official word on the title, release date, and price of the Zelda game, but they are gearing for a holiday release. This seems very much in line with how Nintendo perceives the 3DS to be very strong this year due to new titles.
"It really builds steam and so, with the lineup that we're seeing this year, to me it really feels like this is the year that 3DS is really going to take off," said Bill Trinen, Nintendo's director of product marketing, to Gameranx.
Bethesda new project to be revealed
Two mini-videos and a string of teases after, Bethesda has finally confirmed a bit of news for its next project after Skyrim.
According to IGN, Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami, backed by Tango Gameworks, will be taking the lead for the much-teased and talked about title from Bethesda.
The official title as well as what the nature of the game will be is still to be revealed, but considering the rather dark turn of events in both teaser trailers, it's looking to be a horror game bound to deliver.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga