Nintendo 3DS Gets 6 Whopping Games & Bethesda Gives More Details on Next Project
By Gilda Galang | April 19, 2013 12:52 PM EST
Nintendo is looking at a string of releases, probably in its continuing quest to keep up with its competitors, especially with the upcoming release of the next-gen consoles.
Starting off the releases is Japanese video game company Level-5, and their plans of bringing in 3 new games come spring, specifically for the 3DS.
Game Informer reports that the game titles will be The Starship Damrey, Attack of the Friday Monsters: A Tokyo Tale, and Bugs vs. Tanks. In addition, linked content will be available for those with Liberation Maiden, Aero Porter, and Crimson Shroud.
The latter games will be available from April 18 to May 30 on a sale price of $4.99 for Crimson Shroud and Liberation Maiden and $2.99 for Aero Porter.
3DS gets a new Zelda game, plus two more favorite Zelda titles
The Nintendo 3DS is on a roll with the release of new games for the platform. Polygon reports that The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons will be coming to the 3DS virtual console come May 30.
The plotline is also loosely connected with Link's Awakening, and may contain un-lockable modes for special content. Prices have not yet been announced for both games.
Speaking of Legend of Zelda, a new game title has also been announced to be released on the 3DS. IGN reports that the game may have the same backdrop as A Link to the Past, but will most certainly not be a remake, as the new game will make full use of the 3D screen.
There has been no official word on the title, release date, and price of the Zelda game, but they are gearing for a holiday release. This seems very much in line with how Nintendo perceives the 3DS to be very strong this year due to new titles.
"It really builds steam and so, with the lineup that we're seeing this year, to me it really feels like this is the year that 3DS is really going to take off," said Bill Trinen, Nintendo's director of product marketing, to Gameranx.
Bethesda new project to be revealed
Two mini-videos and a string of teases after, Bethesda has finally confirmed a bit of news for its next project after Skyrim.
According to IGN, Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami, backed by Tango Gameworks, will be taking the lead for the much-teased and talked about title from Bethesda.
The official title as well as what the nature of the game will be is still to be revealed, but considering the rather dark turn of events in both teaser trailers, it's looking to be a horror game bound to deliver.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones