Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Image Shows Off New Design
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 18, 2013 3:24 PM EST
An alleged photo of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 emerged online.
The guys at evleaks posted the photo that quickly spread online as previous leaked photos from the Web site proved to be true.
First, the leaked photo includes a hole in the lower right corner of the device, which should be just perfect for accommodating the S-Pen stylus that accompanies the members of the Galaxy Note family. Second, the interface in the picture looks a lot like Samsung's Nature UX. Moreover, it seems to be the WiFi Direct menu.
New rumours claimed that Samsung would include a metal chassis and ditching its plastic body. Samsung is known for putting out devices that have been boldly made from a hard plastic as opposed to glass or metal like other companies' devices, but there's been a great deal of surprise in the media world as we have learned the company may now be releasing the Galaxy Note 3 in metal.
According to Mobile Review Editor and all-round mobile motormouth Eldar Murtazin, the story was the work of HTC's press department and not based on fact. The blogger gave kudos to HTC's PR. However, most reports attributed the story to Samsung-centric Web site SamMobile, which claimed they were tipped off by insiders.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is expected to make its debut in the third quarter of this year. Rumours point to a possible September release date. There are speculations that Samsung will hold the announcement of the Note 3 on the annual IFA event in Berlin. The said launch will allow Samsung to maximise its profits and to complete the tried-and-tested September product cycle of the Galaxy Note series.
It is initially speculated that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 would make its grand debut at the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week in its keynote. The rumours are fuelled by the significant price drop of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at some resellers early this month.
However, Samsung neither confirmed nor denied the rumours surrounding its devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit