Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Image Shows Off New Design
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 18, 2013 3:24 PM EST
An alleged photo of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 emerged online.
The guys at evleaks posted the photo that quickly spread online as previous leaked photos from the Web site proved to be true.
First, the leaked photo includes a hole in the lower right corner of the device, which should be just perfect for accommodating the S-Pen stylus that accompanies the members of the Galaxy Note family. Second, the interface in the picture looks a lot like Samsung's Nature UX. Moreover, it seems to be the WiFi Direct menu.
New rumours claimed that Samsung would include a metal chassis and ditching its plastic body. Samsung is known for putting out devices that have been boldly made from a hard plastic as opposed to glass or metal like other companies' devices, but there's been a great deal of surprise in the media world as we have learned the company may now be releasing the Galaxy Note 3 in metal.
According to Mobile Review Editor and all-round mobile motormouth Eldar Murtazin, the story was the work of HTC's press department and not based on fact. The blogger gave kudos to HTC's PR. However, most reports attributed the story to Samsung-centric Web site SamMobile, which claimed they were tipped off by insiders.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is expected to make its debut in the third quarter of this year. Rumours point to a possible September release date. There are speculations that Samsung will hold the announcement of the Note 3 on the annual IFA event in Berlin. The said launch will allow Samsung to maximise its profits and to complete the tried-and-tested September product cycle of the Galaxy Note series.
It is initially speculated that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 would make its grand debut at the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week in its keynote. The rumours are fuelled by the significant price drop of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at some resellers early this month.
However, Samsung neither confirmed nor denied the rumours surrounding its devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2