How to Upgrade Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware [Video]
By Ryan Inoyori | April 18, 2013 11:53 AM EST
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is now ready for Galaxy Note N7000, but owners can have their device upgraded to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using Paranoid Android 3.10 custom version ROM. The Rom includes many improvements, unique user interface and Photo Sphere camera.
Paranoid Android 3.10 for Galaxy Note N7000 is based on AOSP or Android Open Source Project with the addition of user interface refinement by using the system resources in an optimum way.
Warning: Paranoid Android is a custom ROM and its developers will not be liable for any damages may occur on your device. Read the following requirements and carefully perform each step to prevent any errors. Do this at your risk.
Requirements of Paranoid Android 3.10
- Create a backup for your personal information, settings, and data files on your Galaxy Note. Do not use Samsung Kies or other ROM manager to do this for your backup files will not restored properly.
- The device must have at least 50 per cent battery level.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device.
- Disable antivirus security on both your computer and your device to avoid issues during installation.
- The Galaxy Note N7000 must be rooted.
- Download the Paranoid Android 3.10 firmware and Google Apps package on your computer.
- Install a custom recovery app such as ClockworkMod recovery on your device.
1. Connect your Galaxy Note to the computer via USB cable.
2. Copy the downloaded files to your device. Disconnect the Galaxy Note after copying.
3. Switch off the device and reboot into Recovery mode. Press Volume up + Menu + Power keys simultaneously.
4. In the Recovery mode, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe data cache partition."
5. Select "install zip from SD card" and choose the Paranoid Android 3.10 firmware. Use the same with Google Apps package. Be patient during the installation.
6. Go back and select "reboot system now."
7. The device will restart automatically and you should wait for at least 5 minutes till the device completes the boot.
Good work! Now your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is running the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using Paranoid Android 3.10 custom ROM.
For comments, additional information, and issues, leave your messages to Androiduck source page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery