'Rachael Ray Show' Sued By Christina Pagliarolo, Claims Show Humiliated Her [VIDEO]
By Charles Poladian | April 17, 2013 11:53 PM EST
Christina Pagliarolo is suing the “Rachel Ray Show” for negligence and emotional distress after appearing on an episode focusing on helping overweight teens lose weight.
TMZ is reporting Pagliarolo is suing the “Rachael Ray Show” for emotional distress saying a trainer hired by the show humiliated her and the exercise regime was so grueling that she was injured in the process.
In the lawsuit, Pagliarolo says the trainer would yell and scream at her while forcing her to take hikes. One of her claims includes an incident where the trainer increased the speed of a StairMaster to the point where she could not keep up, ultimately falling off the machine and getting yelled at by her trainer for falling, notes TMZ.
Due to the training, Pagliarolo is claiming she suffered multiple injuries, including injuries to her legs. Following TMZ’s initial report, a spokesperson for the “Rachael Ray Show” said they have yet to receive such a lawsuit. The spokesperson said, “We haven't received this purported lawsuit but if it does materialize we will defend ourselves against it vigorously and fully expect to prevail.”
The episode originally aired in 2010 and the segment, titled “Christina’s Story: 70 Pounds By Prom” was documented on the “Rachael Ray Show” and on blog posts throughout 2010 and included several follow-ups throughout 2011.
Some of the segments included Pagliarolo receiving diet tips, exercise plans, going to boot camp, weigh-ins, fights with family, picking out a dress for the prom, finding a prom date as well as inspirational moments where the teen shares her story with other teenagers. In one of the segments, Pagliarolo broke her leg during training and had to be airlifted to a local hospital.
Audience members would also offer words of encouragement and the “Rachael Ray Show” tracked Pagliarolo’s progress which included a final segment detailing Pagliarolo’s night at her prom.
View a segment involving Pagliarolo’s training on the “Rachael Ray Show” below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date