Upgrade Your Galaxy S Plus I9001 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware [Full Guide, Video]
By Ryan Inoyori | April 17, 2013 11:03 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 was released in July 2011, running 2.3 Gingerbread with 1.4GHz processor and 512 RAM. The device never had a 4.0 ICS update and possibly would not receive any Jelly Bean firmware soon from Samsung. Fortunately, there is an Android 4.2.2 Update for it from Cyanogenmod 10.1
Using Cyanogenmod 10.1 to your Samsung Galaxy S Plus will bring the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware, customisable themes and tweaks to control the CPU. This Jelly Bean version has been modified to allow users to flash the firmware without the need of Clockworkmod recovery in case the warranty is still valid.
- Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 rooted or not rooted
- USB cable and PC
- Back up for all your data files and personal information inside the device
- Battery level of at least 50 per cent
- USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S Plus. You can install Samsung Kies to get the drivers.
- USB Debugging mode enabled
- Download the CM 10.1 Firmware for Galaxy S Plus
Warning: This is a custom ROM and works with Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001. Never flash this ROM to any other device or suffer unforeseen consequences. Developers will not be liable for any damages which may occur to your device. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the Galaxy S Plus to your computer.
2. Unrar the CM 10.1 firmware RAR file you have downloaded
3. Copy the CM 10.1 firmware you have extracted from the unrar file to the SD card of your phone.
4. Turn off the Galaxy S Plus.
5. Reboot the device into Recovery mode. Press Volume up + Home + Power keys simultaneously. You can flash this ROM using the stock recovery or a custom recovery app.
6. In the Recovery mode, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition."
7. Then select "install zip from SD card" and "choose zip from SD card." Search for the firmware you have copied on the device.
8. Select the firmware file and install it.
9. Go back and select "reboot system now."
10. Wait for 3-5 minutes till the boot finishes. This usually happens during its first run of the ROM.
Congratulations! You have updated your Galaxy S Plus to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean from 2.3 Gingerbread using CM 10.1
If you have any issues during the installation, send your messages to comment box of TheRaduku page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims