How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 XXLQB Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy S Advance [GUIDE]
By Sarmistha Acharya | April 16, 2013 7:24 PM EST
An official software update, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with base firmware XXLQB, has been released for the international version of Samsung Galaxy S Advance. The official build is originally for Galaxy S Advance users from Serbia (Telekom subscribers). The update can be installed through Samsung Kies as well as via OTA.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Build data: 26 February, 2013
Galaxy S Advance users who failed to install the update using the official method for being region-specific, may follow our step-by-step guide below to install the update manually.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Additionally, users are advised to verify that their devices meet the requirements below.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to connect it with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect the Android device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As this tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having a custom recovery such as CWM/TWRP already installed then back up the data using the same since it creates a complete image of the existing phone set-up.
4) The Galaxy S Advance should have above 80 per cent battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The device will lose custom firmware with the installation of official firmware. It will no longer belong to a rooted version once the official firmware is installed.
7) The Android 4.1.2 XXLQB Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Applying this to incorrect variants is likely to brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the device before proceeding by navigating to Settings>> About Phone.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXLQB Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXLQB Jelly Bean official firmware for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the computer. Extract the downloaded zip file to get a file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension with some other files
2) Download Odin v3.07 and extract the zip which will help to install Jelly Bean firmware
3) Switch off the Galaxy S Advance and boot it into Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a warning screen appears. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
4) Launch Odin on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect it to the computer while the phone is in Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the phone. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM port will turn yellow
6) Select these files, which are extracted from the XXLQB Jelly Bean folder, in the mentioned order to install on the phone
a) Click on the PDA button and select the file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension
b) Click on the Phone button and select the file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on the CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore steps b, c and d in case such files are not found.
7) In Odin, verify the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are clicked. Also ensure the Re-Partition option is unchecked
8) Hit the Start button in Odin to begin the flashing. The installation will take some time to complete
9) When the installation process is completed a PASS message with green background will appear indicating the successful installation. The phone will then reboot automatically. Users may now safely unplug the USB cable from the device once the home screen appears
Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 should now be updated with official Android 4.1.2 XXLQB Jelly Bean firmware. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software running on the device.
[Source: Samsung Update]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James