Westboro Baptist Church Hails Boston Marathon Explosion, Plans To Picket Funerals
By Maria Vultaggio | April 16, 2013 2:15 PM EST
The members of the notorious Westboro Baptist Church, perhaps the most hated group in America, are publicly celebrating the Boston Marathon Explosion and already have plans to protest the funerals of the people who died in the bombings.
While the Internet was flooded with love, support and compassion, the WBC took the opportunity to spread their main, and practically only, message of hate.
The Westboro Baptist Church, based in Topeka, Kan., is a small, homophobic, anti-Semitic, toxic group that most would consider anything but religious. It consists largely of Fred Phelps and his family.
These are the same people who believe God killed the children at Sandy Hook because He was enraged over gay marriage.
In one of its numerous Twitter posts the cult wrote, “BREAKING: Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs! GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY OVER F*G MARRIAGE! #PraiseGod.”
Margie Phelps, daughter of church founder and leader Fred Phelps, tweeted Monday that the bombing was punishment for gay marriage. “God doesn’t hear the prayers of proud pushers of #SSM (same-sex marriage).”
“You marry f*gs, God sends mayhem,” she added.
The Westboro Baptist Church has its own Twitter account and used their platform to request Boston change its name.
“WBC is starting campaign to re-name F*g-infested Boston to Magormissabib, meaning ‘terror all around.’ Jer20:3 #ThankGod4TheTerrorOfTheLord,” the tweet said.
Another one of the church’s tweets read, “God sent the Boston Marathon Bombs for the sin of Massachusetts passing same-sex marriage!”
Two bombs went off in Boston around 2:50 p.m. at the finish line. Another two bombs were found along the running route but did not detonate. No one has taken responsibility, but the Obama administration is calling the explosion on Monday an “act of terror.”
CNN reported there are three dead and more than 140 injured, with 17 in critical condition. Many of the patients will require “serial operations” in the following days to help heal their wounds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install