Hugh Jackman Attacked By Razor-Wielding, Pubic Hair-Throwing Stalker, Kathleen Thurston, Who Wants to ‘Marry Him’
By Rebecka Schumann | April 16, 2013 2:11 AM EST
It was a rough weekend for “Wolverine” star Hugh Jackman after he was attacked by a female inside a New York gym Saturday.
CBS News reported that 47-year-old Kathleen Thurston Thurston rushed past the front desk of Gotham gym in Manhattan, crying and screaming to reach the “Les Miserables” actor. Jackman, 44, was seen telling the crazed fan not to touch him after she told him she was in love with him and questioned when their wedding would take place.
Upon being restrained, Thurston allegedly threw an electric razor filled with pubic hair out of her waistband at the actor before she was escorted out of the gym.
Thurston told authorities Sunday that she wanted to shave the actor’s “whiskers” and moved to New York two months ago in order to marry the star, The New York Daily News reported Monday.
“I hated him having those whiskers,” she said. “I want to marry him. This is not against the law. It is not against the law to have two wives,” said Thurston regarding Jackman’s wife of over a decade, Deborra-Lee Furness, 57.
Despite calling the attack frightening, Jackman said he wishes the best for his stalker.
“Here’s a woman who obviously needs help, so I just hope she gets the help she needs,” he said. “I suppose for me, the primary concern is my family, obviously.”
According to CBS, Jackman told authorities that he had been followed by the woman since March. The actor told police that he had seen Thurston in front of his 7-year-old daughter Ava’s school and on another occasion, outside of their West Village home.
Thurston admitted to authorities to emailing the star one year ago.
Thurston was arrested and charged with fourth-degree stalking, harassment, trespassing and menacing. She appeared in court in Manhattan Sunday.
A neighbor of the famous actor, Michael Siegel, told reporters that he was saddened by the news.
“… He just wants to be like everyone, you know? He wants to live a life just like we all do,” he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones