Twihards Make #BreakingDawnPart2Night Trend In Retaliation For MTV Movie Award's Best Kiss Snub
By Maria Vultaggio | April 15, 2013 1:25 PM EST
Upsetting many tweeters, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper won Best Kiss honors for “Silver Linings Playbook” at the MTV Movie Awards show Sunday, beating out another popular liplock, Emma Watson and Logan Lerman for “Perks of Being a Wallflower.”
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson weren’t even nominated for Best Kiss this year, but that didn’t stop Twihards from taking out their frustration on Twitter.
“Robsten is the best kiss” began trending worldwide after it was announced JLaw and Cooper had won the award. Although the 2013 Oscar winner wasn’t there to receive the gold popcorn trophy with her co-star, he accepted it on her behalf. JLaw was a no-show because she has reportedly been busy shooting scenes for “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.”
Watson/Lerman’s fans shared their grief on Twitter, as shown here:
Still upset Emma Watson didn't win best kiss with Logan in perks even though Jennifer Lawrence and brad were my second choice. #EmmaOrDie
However, Twihards made sure to overshadow those who were rooting for the “Perks of a Wallflower” duo. The “Twilight” lovers were unable to see Robsten win the liplock award for the fifth time in five years. Many of them admitted to boycotting the MTV Movie Awards since the last installment of the “Twilight” series was given only one award nomination.
It’s unclear why Stewart and Pattinson were not considered in the category, but it could be because MTV didn’t want them to win yet again. “Twilight” fans definitely don’t mess around, and they let their voices be heard after the winners for Best Kiss were announced:
Twihards are the best. We've been in articles, boycotted mtv, trended Robsten is the best kiss and #BreakingDawnPart2Night. I love you all
First year in a long time that rob and kristen didn't win best kiss. They aren't even nominated for anything this year #poortwilight
Meanwhile, #BreakingDawnPart2Night, the Twihard boycott hashtag, has been the top trending Twitter topic in the U.S. since the awards show began, even ahead of #mtvmovieawards and #rebelwilson, who is hosting the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares