Los Angeles Lakers Vs. San Antonio Spurs: Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Preview, Betting Odds, Prediction, Lakers First Game Without Kobe
April 15, 2013 8:18 AM EST
With Kobe Bryant done for the rest of the season, and both the Los Angeles Lakers and San Antonio Spurs vying for playoff position, Sunday night’s matchup could have huge implications.
L.A. holds a one-game lead over Utah for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference, and need to win out to avoid a tie. The Jazz own the season series mark.
The Spurs have battled through some late-season injuries of their own, and are half a game away from Oklahoma City for the top seed in the West.
The Lakers will miss Bryant for the next six to nine months after he tore the Achilles tendon in his left foot Friday in L.A.’s 118-116 win over the Golden State Warriors.
Before he left with three minutes remaining, Bryant had 34 points, while Pau Gasol totaled 26 points and 10 rebounds, and Dwight Howard collected 28 points and seven rebounds.
San Antonio has gone 3-3 this month, including a loss to the Thunder, but the offense was on fire Friday, with seven players in double figures in a 108-101 win over the Sacramento Kings.
Battling through an ankle injury, point guard Tony Parker scored 22 points with 10 assists, and Tim Duncan tallied 18 points, six rebounds, and five blocks.
Tiago Splitter helped Duncan control the glass with 12 points and 12 rebounds, and Matt Bonner went 3-for-5 from deep for 11 points off the bench.
The game tips-off at 9:30 p.m. Eastern and will be show by KENS or TWC SN, or you can watch a live online stream by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband here.
Betting Odds: San Antonio is favored by 4.5 points
Over/Under: 196 points
Prediction: Bryant was the offense for most of the season, and while he took shots from Howard and Gasol, he was knocking them down. Both of L.A.’s big men will have to figure out how to control Duncan and Splitter. Parker should be the difference, as he appears healthy and has been San Antonio’s catalyst all season.
Predicted Score: San Antonio 100, Los Angeles 92
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James