Los Angeles Lakers Vs. San Antonio Spurs: Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Preview, Betting Odds, Prediction, Lakers First Game Without Kobe
April 15, 2013 8:18 AM EST
With Kobe Bryant done for the rest of the season, and both the Los Angeles Lakers and San Antonio Spurs vying for playoff position, Sunday night’s matchup could have huge implications.
L.A. holds a one-game lead over Utah for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference, and need to win out to avoid a tie. The Jazz own the season series mark.
The Spurs have battled through some late-season injuries of their own, and are half a game away from Oklahoma City for the top seed in the West.
The Lakers will miss Bryant for the next six to nine months after he tore the Achilles tendon in his left foot Friday in L.A.’s 118-116 win over the Golden State Warriors.
Before he left with three minutes remaining, Bryant had 34 points, while Pau Gasol totaled 26 points and 10 rebounds, and Dwight Howard collected 28 points and seven rebounds.
San Antonio has gone 3-3 this month, including a loss to the Thunder, but the offense was on fire Friday, with seven players in double figures in a 108-101 win over the Sacramento Kings.
Battling through an ankle injury, point guard Tony Parker scored 22 points with 10 assists, and Tim Duncan tallied 18 points, six rebounds, and five blocks.
Tiago Splitter helped Duncan control the glass with 12 points and 12 rebounds, and Matt Bonner went 3-for-5 from deep for 11 points off the bench.
The game tips-off at 9:30 p.m. Eastern and will be show by KENS or TWC SN, or you can watch a live online stream by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband here.
Betting Odds: San Antonio is favored by 4.5 points
Over/Under: 196 points
Prediction: Bryant was the offense for most of the season, and while he took shots from Howard and Gasol, he was knocking them down. Both of L.A.’s big men will have to figure out how to control Duncan and Splitter. Parker should be the difference, as he appears healthy and has been San Antonio’s catalyst all season.
Predicted Score: San Antonio 100, Los Angeles 92
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS