Heiress Joselyn Wohl Accused Of Stabbing Life Coach Sajjadur Rahman
By Howard Koplowitz | April 15, 2013 7:12 AM EST
The life coach for Joselyn Wohl claims the 33-year-old real-estate heiress stabbed him with a fork during a dinner in September, according to court papers obtained by the New York Post Saturday.
“Without just cause or provocation, Joselyn Wohl intentionally struck, battered and assaulted” 31-year-old life coach Sajjadur Rahman, the Post quoted the lawsuit papers as stating.
The alleged stabbing incident occurred in September during a dinner at the Southampton, N.Y., home of Wohl’s father, real-estate honcho Larry Wohl.
Rahman’s attorney, Eric Richman, said his client was stabbed in the hand with the fork. He added that Rahman still has a piece of metal from the fork stuck in his finger.
“It was a defensive move. If he hadn’t gotten his hand up, she would have stabbed him in the face,” Richman told the Post.
The lawsuit comes six months after Joselyn Wohl was charged with assault for allegedly choking her sobriety coach, Heather McKean, the newspaper reported. The real-estate heiress has issues with alcohol and drugs, which is why McKean was hired, the sobriety coach’s attorney told the Post.
The lawyer, Bryan Swerling, said the alleged attack against his client, coupled with the purported stabbing of Joselyn Wohl’s life coach, shows that the heiress has problems with violence.
“I think the second incident speaks to a pattern of behavior,” Swerling said, noting that his client needs a spinal-fusion operation following the attack.
Joselyn Wohl’s family hired the sobriety coach for her, Swerling told DNAinfo.com.
“She was hired by the Wohls, Denise and Larry, to spend time with her daughter, who obviously had some issues,” Swerling told the website. “One day Joselyn made up her mind she didn't want Heather around anymore and attacked her on the stairwell and yanked her down the stairs.”
Larry Wohl allegedly promised to pay Rahman’s medical bills, but the life coach said he filed a lawsuit because the real-estate magnate never followed through on his vow, his attorney said.
“Sajjadur lost his job because he didn’t want to go back there after that to ensure his safety,” Richman said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch