Royal Enfield Unveils Bullet 500
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | April 13, 2013 8:33 PM EST
Legendary Bullet maker, Royal Enfield has expanded its Bullet series in India with yet another powerful model - Bullet 500.
The new variant of the existing Bullet TwinSpark has made its appearance on company's official website.The new Bullet adheres to the design elements of a true-blue Bullet and is powered by a four-stroke 499cc single-cylinder and air-cooled engine which claims to generate 26.4PS at 5,100rpm and torque of 40.9Nm at 3,800rpm. Besides this, the bike features five-speed transmission and comes with electric starter along with kicker.
The latest offering from Royal Enfield came as a surprise for many Bullet lovers as they were expecting company's much-anticipated Cafe Racer. However the new bike too does not disappoint its loyal customers.
Royal Enfield, a name which is celebrated for its Bullets, will offer the brand new bike in a new green colour and is expected to roll out the Bullet in coming months. There is no information available regarding the pricing of the new Bullet.
Initially, the new model Bullet will be available only in the major markets of Royal Enfield like Punjab and Kerala.
It is also rumoured that the company will launch a 250cc two-wheelers for the Indian market, as there is an increasing competition in this segment. The upcoming 250cc models would challenge the Bajaj Pulsar 220cc and Honda CBR 250R. However, the company has declined to comment on the report. At present, it does not produce any model smaller than 350cc displacement.
The much-awaited bike Cafe Racer, which is powered by a 535cc engine, is reportedly gearing for launch by the end of this year. It is expected to generate more power and torque than the company's Thunderbird and Classic. The company is yet to reveal the pricing of this model for India. As per earlier rumours, the model is likely to fall in the bracket of ₹2 lakhs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans