Royal Enfield Unveils Bullet 500
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | April 13, 2013 8:33 PM EST
Legendary Bullet maker, Royal Enfield has expanded its Bullet series in India with yet another powerful model - Bullet 500.
The new variant of the existing Bullet TwinSpark has made its appearance on company's official website.The new Bullet adheres to the design elements of a true-blue Bullet and is powered by a four-stroke 499cc single-cylinder and air-cooled engine which claims to generate 26.4PS at 5,100rpm and torque of 40.9Nm at 3,800rpm. Besides this, the bike features five-speed transmission and comes with electric starter along with kicker.
The latest offering from Royal Enfield came as a surprise for many Bullet lovers as they were expecting company's much-anticipated Cafe Racer. However the new bike too does not disappoint its loyal customers.
Royal Enfield, a name which is celebrated for its Bullets, will offer the brand new bike in a new green colour and is expected to roll out the Bullet in coming months. There is no information available regarding the pricing of the new Bullet.
Initially, the new model Bullet will be available only in the major markets of Royal Enfield like Punjab and Kerala.
It is also rumoured that the company will launch a 250cc two-wheelers for the Indian market, as there is an increasing competition in this segment. The upcoming 250cc models would challenge the Bajaj Pulsar 220cc and Honda CBR 250R. However, the company has declined to comment on the report. At present, it does not produce any model smaller than 350cc displacement.
The much-awaited bike Cafe Racer, which is powered by a 535cc engine, is reportedly gearing for launch by the end of this year. It is expected to generate more power and torque than the company's Thunderbird and Classic. The company is yet to reveal the pricing of this model for India. As per earlier rumours, the model is likely to fall in the bracket of ₹2 lakhs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales