Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Cast: Stephen Amell vs Henry Cavill as Christian Grey [PHOTOS]
By Arlene Paredes | April 12, 2013 3:26 PM EST
Fifty Shades of Grey movie cast rumours continue to spread online even as film producers insist it is too early to name anyone for the prized roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. "Arrow" lead Stephen Amell has expressed interest in the Grey role, while "Man of Steel" Henry Cavill has maintained the "cross the bridge when he gets there" stance. Which actor between the two hot celebs is better fit for the role?
"I was at Focus Features and I had a meeting and it wasn't specifically for Fifty Shades of Grey, but that was one of the topics we covered. We just discussed it, there's not even a script, or there wasn't at the time, but that will be a cool project," Amell recently told TV Equals in an interview.
"I get questions about Christian Grey all the time. That project is a long way off. I know this, because I had a meeting about it. Long way off. I mean, not that long, but not close. I wouldn't call it long, but I wouldn't call it close," Amell said in a short video clip. Fans got excited and speculated that he may have been approached to play the role.
The "Arrow" actor known for his generous TV series teasers even referred to a "hooker" role he had previously played on television. It is seen as an obvious indicator that he will not be shy about playing Mr Grey for the big screen.
"Sure let's read the script though and make sure that it's good. You know, I did play a hooker on television - not that Christian Grey is a hooker, I don't know what he is, I haven't read the books - so it's not like sex scenes are totally out of my depth," he said.
Meanwhile, Henry Cavill, has a more reserved approach in a previous interview. The actor is expected to make ladies swoon in the June film "Man of Steel."
"Whether that happens, that decision will be made at the time it has to be made. It would be a very different kind of thing than Man of Steel," Cavill told Details magazine late last year.
If the choice ever comes down to Amell versus Cavill, the Fifty Shades casting people will weigh more than just sexy, gorgeous physique and some readings on a virtual hotness thermometer. Christian Grey has to look respectable, tough, and gentle with a vibe of darkness. And as the erotic series author E.L. James pointed out, he has to have a natural sense of humour.
Who do you think is better fit for the Christian Grey role?
More IBT TV/Film Guide Features:
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Finale: Miranda Bailey or Alex Karev as Focal Character of 'Shocking' End? [Read]
Fifty Shades of Grey: If Stephen Amell is Christian Grey, Emilia Clarke or Alexis Bledel for Ana Steele? [Slideshow]
Castle Season 5 Finale: Andrew Marlowe warns of emotional chapter ending -- there will be tears! [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff