Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Finale: Miranda Bailey or Alex Karev as Focal Character of 'Shocking' End?
By Arlene Paredes | April 12, 2013 11:25 AM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 is not airing a new episode this week, so viewers are left with questions surrounding Miranda Bailey. Last week's episode called "She's Killing Me," identified Bailey as the 'she' in the title. Is this the crisis that will be carried on to the series finale, or a mere distraction to yet another heart-crushing disaster? Alex Karev, who escaped a tragic plane crash last season, is not entirely safe just yet.
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 will be back with a new episode on April 25. On TV.com, the synopsis for Episode 21, "Sleeping Monster" reads:
"Bailey finds herself at the center of a CDC investigation surrounding the death of several of her patients, as Jackson and the rest of the board members argue over how to address the crisis with the public. Meanwhile, Cristina teases Alex about his unspoken feelings for Jo, and Owen continues to take special care of Ethan as the condition of his parents remains uncertain."
Camilla Luddington and Kevin McKidd, who play Jo Wilson and Owen Hunt, respectively, have both teased fans on Twitter of a shocking Grey's Anatomy Season 9 finale. McKidd tweeted a photo of a "highly confidential Grey's script. Luddington re-tweeted the photo, saying, it was unusual for the writers to print bold confidential notices on the script. In a separate tweet, she expressed "shock" during the cast's table read. This leads fans to imagine that Jo, or a character very close to her could be in danger. Who else is closer to Jo than Alex Karev?
Next week, Bailey will be dealing with an investigator and a serious burden of guilt. TVFanatic.com reported a month ago that Grey's show runners were looking for a detective. But this came out before series creator Shonda Rhimes revealed to fans that the writing team has "changed everything." Rhimes sounded almost apologetic for previously hinting there will be no major Grey's catastrophe at the end of this season.
Grey's avid fans are guessing there is something else up Rhimes' sleeves towards the end of the season. Bailey may be at the center of a difficult situation now, but other characters could figure in a shocking Season 9 finale.
Episodes 23 and 24 on May 9 and May 16 will have the answers. Luddington and McKidd were referring to these episodes in their intriguing tweets. So fans of Alex Karev - and perhaps Jackson Avery - should brace themselves until this chapter is over.
More IBT TV/Film Guide Features:
Fifty Shades of Grey: If Stephen Amell is Christian Grey, Emilia Clarke or Alexis Bledel for Ana Steele? [See Slideshow]
American Idol 2013: Candice Glover Shines, Lazaro Arbos Slips Again; All-Girls Top 5? [Read]
Castle Season 5 Finale: Andrew Marlowe warns of emotional chapter ending -- there will be tears! [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks